• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I've got two doubts about map making - help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi
I would like to know various things:

1) How to change the normal icons for Move / Patrol / Attack / Stop / Hold position --> for new customized items that were uploaded by myself?

2) I would also like to know how to implement the ground attack from catpults, mortairs, etc, to other units like archers, etc, because i'm making an archer with incendiary arrows in a map, etc, and I would like to be able to do ground attack with him.

Level 7
To modify those icons you open "game inferface" menu from i think its "advanced ..."
by the way changed icons of attack/hold etc is most of the time quite annoying but its your choice ;)

What do you mean about ground attack ? You mean "splash damage" ? Aoe efects can be set in Editor by editing the Area of Efect values there. Just take a look on those values for e.g. mortars and adjust them for your unit

Level 2
I mean the ground attack, "attack ground", an arrow and a "x" on the ground is the picture of the ability... it's used when you don't wnat to attack a single unit but an area of terrain.

By the way I know there's an AOE option at the attack, and I know how to use it, but I mean the "attack ground" spell, that only the mortairs, catpults, etc, have.

BTW talking about AOE does som1 know why don't the AOE option of the Searing Arrows of the Priestess of the Moon does not work? It doesn't work! You put area of effect on her searing arrows and it just doesn't work.

Like the footmen's defend "return the damage" thign. Footies are supposed to return the damage when they block a piercing attack while defending... but it doesn't work.

Level 2
Yep, I thought about modifying a siege unit, but I was thinking more like to put the attack ground button on an archer, because I already had done that unit. But well if there's no way to put the Attack ground button on a normal unit, I think i'll have to modify a siege unit...

gg anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.