• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Importing models in RoC??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Open your map in WinMPQ and click MPQ->Add. Then, select your skin and in the prompt for the file type in the heading of the path (for eg, if the path is Textures\HeroDemonHunter.blp you would type in Textures\). Make sure that the skin has the correct name before importing it.

Level 2
OK, first of all i'm trying to import a model into my map, not a skin. I don't see a MPQ->add button anywhere and I don't know where to extract the files from the model I got. Can you guide me through it a little more please? :wink:

Level 22
oz02 just explained it. Every model comes with a skin AS WELL as the model and any additional effects, and you have to know the file path for each. The mdel page for each model has the file paths. Just follow the tutorial that accompanies every model page, exceptt use MPQ to add the file to your map instead of uploading the model with the file uplead archive (which RoC doesnt have).
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.