• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Importing issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am working on a map of mine, currently, and I would like to import a few models and skins. Now I'm having a few issues with that. Starting off, I just got TFT recently. It's Editor is so much better than ROC, and I love it, but It's still a little overwhelming. I am having little trouble importing skins, but I am having issues with models.
When I try to import a model, I put in the custom path which was given to me, but still, when I try to make a unit that model, it doesn't work. It encounters some error. Can I get some help with this?
As well, I sometimes have trouble loading skins. Despite having the pathing right on, the skin doesn't load.... As well I am having trouble finding some paths. I cant really find a lot of them in my MPQ opening thing. A lot of them are stashed in areas like textures instead of Units...
Can anyone help?
[Edit] I forgot to mention that I have trouble with skins whose file names are not the same as the pathing unit's name... I dont know why...

Level 12
aft u download you get the .mdx file
-go to the import editor [a button on the top somewhere of the editor]
-file > import file > import your .mdx file
-double click and check the box that says use custom path
-delete 'war3imported/' leave the rest
-click ok
-save your map
-close [have to close] and open WE again
-go to a unit in the object editor [another button on the top somewhere]
-click a unit, go to model file, double click
-select imported
-select you imported model.mdx
-finished
-and credit the author

this is for models,
for skins, do the same but you have to replace the .mdl path in the import manager with the one given on the page you downloaded it from.

Status
Not open for further replies.