• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I'm a noob need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi All i'm new here :thumbs_up: so i have many questions i need some help:
1-How can i import a new unit in my map?
2-How can i detach a weapon or shield from a unit and what programs are needed?
3-How can i remove the glow from a hero?
4-How can i create a unit and what programs are needed for?
5-Can someone give me some instructions i want to learn everything...and if i learn i will gladly make new units and share them with you guys!:grin:

oh sorry that i posted this thread here my mystake...

Level 2
Hi!
You'll need:
Oinkerwinkle's Vertex Modifier (and possibly other tools she has)
Mdx/Mdl Converter
Warcraft III Viewer
Mpq Master

With those programs, you should be able to do most of what you want to. If you think of something else you want to do, there's probably a way to do it with Oinkerwinkle's tools. (she has others besides vertex modifier). To find out how to do the actual ediding, read the tutorials section of this site. For map making (not just modeling) try world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net.

Some terms: A "model" is what the unit looks like in gameplay. It's "portrait" is what it looks like in the window of the interface when you select it in game. A "unit" includes the model, as well as data for its hitpoints, attack, abilities etc. To make a unit, open the object editor within world editor and edit an existing unit. The tutorials explain the specifics better than I can.

Good luck with your models!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.