• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] How to make a mod (not a modified map)be loaded by WC3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I know a modified map can be loaded by WC3.
I made a map with many imported files such as models, textures and AI. It works well.
I wanna made another map with the same imported files, but I don't wanna import them again because it will take too much time.
I hope they can be gathered in a custom .mpq file shared by many modified maps, and with a custom .bat file to load the .mpq file, I can make these modified maps become a mod.
Is this possible?

Last edited:
ok here is what you need to do
  • go to import manager < file < export all imported models
  • go to object editor < file < export all object data
  • go to object editor < file < export all ability data
next
  • go to import manager < file < import all imported models
  • go to object editor < file < import all object data
  • go to object editor < file < import all ability data

Level 5
ok here is what you need to do
  • go to import manager < file < export all imported models
  • go to object editor < file < export all object data
  • go to object editor < file < export all ability data
next
  • go to import manager < file < import all imported models
  • go to object editor < file < import all object data
  • go to object editor < file < import all ability data
Well, I know this method. I just don't wanna configure the paths of the imported files every time I make a new map.

Level 40
I think this is what the "maps as a folder" methodology allows easily. I don't recall what you have to do to set it up but I believe this is something you can do with the modern WE now. Perhaps an option when saving the map?

This thread isn't exactly about what you want to do, but the replies in this thread should give you an idea of what you could do: How to import and export data from one map to another?

Level 5
I think this is what the "maps as a folder" methodology allows easily. I don't recall what you have to do to set it up but I believe this is something you can do with the modern WE now. Perhaps an option when saving the map?

This thread isn't exactly about what you want to do, but the replies in this thread should give you an idea of what you could do: How to import and export data from one map to another?
This method is convenient. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.