• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

how to geomerge footman+bandit=footman speartrower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi people,

i want to make a Spear trower footman.

adding bandit weapon to unnarmed footman...

but... how can i do it?... i dont know how...

Thanks

Level 9
First off welcome to the Hive. :grin:

Second, this is the wrong Forum to ask this question, ask in the Modeling & Animation.

Third, there is already a model of a footman using a bandit's spear, its right here: Spearman

Although this one is stabbing with his spear instead of throwing it.

You should try asking in Modeling & Animation regardless, I'd help you, but I don't know schmit about modeling myself... lol :grin:

Regards,

Jake

Level 9
If you want to request someone to make you a Footman Spearthrower, you in the right place. If you want to learn to make one then you want to ask in Modeling & Animation.

We have a lot of talented modelers here so I'm sure someone one can help you out Malwil. :grin:

Level 2
1)look first for tuts before asking... There's a tutorial written by -Peper- about geomerge...

2)Use search button... there is also a thread here, where someone made a spear-throwing footman...

ok i'll search for that, thanks you adiktuz.

hah... , when i follow the tut i get a footman with spear in the wrong hand...

Level 2
i tried "Footman" in search...

hey!!! this footman dont throw him spear! it was really bugged...
have you see it in a viewner?... Failed footman thrower... omg...

Level 18
Spear-Thrower in progress.

I'm working on it, since there's a demand for it.
It will take me a few days to complete it.

Attachments

• Preview02.png
    Preview02.png
    153.6 KB · Views: 279
Level 4
Malwin: just open the spear geoset in Vertex Modify (I think the spear's part of geoset #1), isolate it, save as 'spear.mdl', remove the sword from the footman's hand... etc...

One issue that you'll run up against is that the Bandit Spearthrower throws with his right hand, while the footman is left-handed. Have fun moving the shield T_T Also, it might help to know that Mr. Footman's "right hand" according to the bone schematic is actually his left hand.

Once you've got that done, merge the animation file from the Bandit Spearthrower and edit it to accomodate for the shield. Should at least be easier than working from scratch :)

EDIT: nvm, Wandering Soul seems to have it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.