• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help me fix my System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I see you changed your message here, you still have issue or solved?

The easiest fix I can think of is that the unit has an ability to "refresh" the area around.

Another option is to refresh 10 timers over a 5 minute period, after that it is released, the chanse of units blocking the land for such a long time is small.

A third option is to check unit position above the area, but not sure exactly how to determine if a unit is actually blocking.

Is grid farmable? Yes -> Is grid Walkable? No. -> Is there units there? Yes. -> Add grid to recheck index. -> Check Grid again after seconds. -> Repeat.

Last edited:
Level 12
Could you select all the units in the area you want to turn into farm land and disable pathing for them and then re-enable it right after? It shouldn't cause problems if it all happens instantly, I don't think.

Level 15
Could you select all the units in the area you want to turn into farm land and disable pathing for them and then re-enable it right after? It shouldn't cause problems if it all happens instantly, I don't think.

Doesn't work sadly. However adding removing locust or making the unit flying might, not sure how that is done exactly though.

JASS:
scope Test123 initializer Init 
    function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_001_Func001A takes nothing returns nothing
        call SetUnitPathing( GetEnumUnit(), false )
    endfunction

function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_001_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
        call ForGroup( GetUnitsInRectAll(GetPlayableMapRect()), function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_001_Func001A )
        if IsTerrainWalkable(GetRectCenterX(gg_rct_a), GetRectCenterY(gg_rct_a)) then
            call BJDebugMsg("yes")
        else 
            call BJDebugMsg("no")
        endif   
    endfunction

private function Init takes nothing returns nothing
        set gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_001 = CreateTrigger(  )
        call TriggerRegisterTimerEventSingle( gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_001, 1.00 )
        call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_001, function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_001_Actions )
    endfunction
endscope

Level 12
Dang. Can you save their xy coordinates (using a hashtable), move them to the origin of the farmland, generate the farmland, and then move them back? I don't have a full grasp on everything your system does, so it might not work for all cases.

Level 12
I could do that, but visually it would look retarded wouldn't it? :p Gonna try it later though.

How fast does the farmland generate? If it all just appears instantly, it shouldn't be a problem.

If it sort of grows out, you'd have to grab the units as it expands.

Status
Not open for further replies.