• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Gmax skinnign help... plz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
well unfortunately i cant help you. but you can help me, haha ;) i am using gmax as well, i can make the model, convert it to mesh obj and all that, and save it. now, im trying to add a skin. ive made the ksin, but i dont know how to assign the skin file, let alone which faces to what part of the skin. ive been searching and searching for a tut on this, butthey all say goto the material navigator to the material editor, that is supposedly in the upper right part of screen. and yet, my gmax has no such thing, ive spent well over 30 mins searching every button on the damn program, let alone searching for another method of doing this. ive tried the chili skinner script as well, but i see no way of assigning a file to my model still. there must be something easy im missing, but im a pretty through person, i dont get it.... please anyone, what the heck am i missing? im musing gmax by discreet v 1.2 ive got all 3 main toolbars out, what do i do?? ty for reading this and any info you may supply

*the upside if you help me is i will be adding models for everyone to dl, i will add many i have dl'd from other sites (doing all proper means of it, giving credit to who deserves it and all that) but allowing us all to have fun with them! i cant upload them now because they are not mdx/mdl versions, so i have to reapply their skins SOMEHOW =/ ty-

Level 3
Ok, im using Gmax too, so, how do i import a model ONTO the Gmax thing, I have the Gmax kit, but it ssays to put the import mdl thing in the script. Then to load fromt here, but......CAN YOU GUYS HELP ME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? plz respond FAST!

Level 7
you need dex and then go helpers i think then max script, run, open the dex script, a window should come up (if no get diff. version or re-download dex).put in you model name anim's. comments then hit print to listener and go to the max script listener and open it, there you will fin alot of numbers, }, and words mostly 0's!

select the top and click Ctrl+A then Ctrl+X open a wordpad or notepad file and copy the text in it keep doing that till finished.

then deteal the first 2 lines with out the (comments (//)) and the space before it, then go to the end Export Sucesfull! and deleat that! then

o do you want to know hwo to put in the skins?

Status
Not open for further replies.