• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Fogged - My New Project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new project and ... terrain.
Sadly i dropped my Dead End Project because the map lacks models to import so i decided to make a medieval-ish terrain since i already have terabyte models here.

Yes it is modified version of my http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/halloween-trash-237456/ Terrain ;)

I based the terrain on a very inspirational map of Booody (Diablo III New Trishtram and Diablo III Bastion Keep) and also , a very artistic and creative terrain of Keiji , "Saga"

Only 1 screenshot for now , ill follow more screenshots soon.

Oh and "Happy Halloween" Everyone!

226575-albums6857-picture75730.png

Dont look at those floating rocks :>

~~~
Moved to another section , new thread is here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/fogged-faded-243823/#post2440033

Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I probably know the answer and have just forgotten, but where are those roofs from again?

Anyway, looks good but I think you need some bright blue, pale-ish teal fog doodads to contrast your dark fog and really give it that "ghostly" haunted feel. Also, I'd say you've overused the torches a bit, I'd personally remove every 3rd one or so and add some omnilights to them, to give them a real glowing feel. Also, will this be a playable terrain? :D

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Wait, ogre has more resources than just Refuge in Ruins? :O

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

ah, I see. I"m generally trying to keep out of my project, with the exception of some damn awesome rocks. Couldn't resist them :D

It looks awesome. I love the mood and the fog choice. I also like the subtle features, e.g. the wooden structure near the bridge, the arc, the rubble etc. It all makes the terrain much more realistic.

With playability in mind, you may want to increase the width of the bridge (to allow more units to pass through). Also, I would use a different skin for the stained glass. It doesn't quite fit, in my opinion. It looks circus-esque.

P.S. I hereby dub thee, Stryderzero, as the hive workshop's official xgm.ru navigator. You've helped all of us who are illiterate in Russian and unable to search for models on xgm.

I love the mood and the fog choice. I also like the subtle features, e.g. the wooden structure near the bridge, the arc, the rubble etc. It all makes the terrain much more realistic.

With playability in mind, you may want to increase the width of the bridge (to allow more units to pass through). Also, I would use a different skin for the stained glass. It doesn't quite fit, in my opinion. It looks circus-esque.

-Actually , only 1 character will pass on that bridge and it is the player's character.
-Oh yes :>

~~~
New Screenshot , Gameplay View
23vgh0l.png

Last edited:
Level 30
Magnificent masterpiece as always. You really do have a creative terraining skills. All is well though what I find weird are the floating rocks around the castle like walls, you should definitely remove it for It makes the view a weird one. imagine when everything is well then you see a rock floating at a castle wall :>

But nice job and neat work as always. +4 REP!

I think this is a lot more awesome, too bad for Dead end. Talavaj's models really look nice when used by skilled terrainers. This just goes to show that I need to work hard and make my models pack as good as possible.

Quick , your ruins pack are needed d"_"b.

I find weird are the floating rocks around the castle like walls, you should definitely remove it for It makes the view a weird one. imagine when everything is well then you see a rock floating at a castle wall :>

As quite imagined , i just love to see big rocks in the top and small rocks in the bottom , just like fantasies :>

And thanks mate (Ɔ ˘⌣˘)Ɔ

Status
Not open for further replies.