• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Doodad Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone^^
When I wanna start my map, it always tells me (after finishing loading), that there is an error.
Now, I found out what´s the problem in my map.
The Doodads.
Well, can somebody tell me, what might be wrong?
(Yeah, I know^^ Without details, you cannot tell^^ So here are some:)
Totally in the map, there is a total of over 45000 Doodads. I´m using Pathing blockers. If it´s helpful: I made some high areas in the map. (I already made them lower but it didn´t help)
Actually we´ve got some towns, I made one doodad or two myself, but these aren´t the problem. (I removed them and it didn´t work.)
Well, my own conclusion is that there are too many doodads. May that be possible?
Thanks to everyone who can help!

Level 7
Yes there is a limit to the amount of doodads that you can use. I don't know the limit off the top of my head but I'm sure someone here does

A lot of people tend to spam shrubs - delete them.

Level 2
Thank you for this extremely quick replay^^
And well, I know how to fix the problem^^ I wanted to add "Blink" to all my Heroes and made the woods etc. thicker than necessary, so they cannot use the ability to quickly get around^^
Well, thanks again and I´ll fix it right away^^

Edit: Now I reduced the doodads to a number around 40 000. It works fine now^^ Thanks for your advice ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.