• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

DBZ: The Legendary Z Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
DBZ: The Legendary Z Warriors

I Airandius will work on one of the biggest campaigns ever made!
In this campaign you take the role of the Z fighters in many chapters to defend the world from evil!
Can you prevent the destruction of earth?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gameplay:

Basicly it's a ORPG Campaign based on Dragonball Z.
It will start at the Saiyan Saga and go all the way to the Kid Buu Saga.
You can take the role of the Z fighters, you can train them, even wear special enhancing gear to improve your fighting.

There will be a main story to follow, (the story of Dragonball Z) and there will be alot of side-quests to improve your skills and gain special gear or zennie (money currency in DBZ).

You can controll one Z Figther at a time, just like in the Legacy of Goku II GBA Game.
There are points (Circle of Power) inside where you can change your Z fighter.
Depending on the place and time you can play different Z Fighters.

Special things: You need to have the proper character to enter specific fights, aka you can't fight Frieza with Krillin at the ending of the Saga.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playable Z Characters:
I will focus on the main dbz characters, the 'weaker' characters wont be playable though.
Here is a list of Z Fighters, the list might change though.
- Goku (SS + SS2 + SS3)
- Gohan, (Kid + Unlocked Potential) (Teen + SS + SS2) (Adult + SS + SS2 + Ultimate)
- Vegeta (SS + SS2)
- Piccolo (Sync with Nail + Sync with Kami)
- Krillin (Unlocked Potential)
- Goten (SS)
- Trunks (SS)
- Future Trunks (SS)

Ofcourse there will be fusions.
Did I miss a character that's important? Tell me.
Most human characters like Tien and Yamcha wont be playable.

Spells

- Well as starters each character will have one basic skill (spell), Ki Blast is what i'm talking about ofcourse.
This basic attack shoots a ball of pure energy, depending on the persons ki it will increase in power.
(I have yet to decide to base it of shockwave (line attack that can be dodged) or firebolt (stunning but will hit for sure).

- Transformations will also be different then in other maps like DBZ Tribute.
Instaid of typing ss you will have a skill (spell) to transform.
When you click it you gain a new unit (for example Goku SS) with more stats and health etc. The only thing that will be saved from one unit to the other are items and xp (through variables) since they are only things important.

- Lets not forget about trademark attacks like the Kamehameha and Bing Bang Attack.
These will also be implented, (not sure if I will do it though xD).

AI

The bosses will have a small AI to make them more of a challenge instaid of just attack all the time.
Some sample tactics:
- They fight you for a while then walk away and either shoot a regular ki blast or a special ki attack depending on the hero and then it starts over again.
- Hit and Run tactic (for mainly smaller bosses like Radditz).
- A mix of the Hit and Run tactic and shooting one power skill after an other. (For mayor bosses like Frieza.)

I still have to see if I can make a GUI AI like this though.

Models and Credits

I will try to get all the models needed but I will create the map with normal models at start.
Once complete I can always update it with models if needed.

Staff:

- Sordurar will provide me with the complete story and the events that happend in DBZ.
I watched it myself but it's just to much to remeber it all good enough to make a game out of it.

- Zerox has some nice DBZ models and because he said he will make others he'll get this position.

There is alot of work to do but I'll work hard on this project.
For now it's impossible to tell when this map is complete but it might take months, maybe even years before the first complete version is here.
I'll keep a changelog for people to see what's happening inside the map.

It's going to be a pain to put in those skills like the Kamehameha so if you want you can PM me but atm I'm not requesting it.

Tell me what u think about this!

Sunday 14 September:
- Announcement of the map.
- Gathering information of the storyline.

Monday 15 September
- Added list of spells.

Thuesday 16 September
- Added information about the map.
- Created tutorial terrain. (Radditz Part)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 17
Anime maps are so over rated.

EDIT: however :wink: if you need terraining help, im your man! :D

Thanks for your offer but I'm a good terrainer myself so there is no need. :p
(I even take requests somethimes. :p)

@: PaladinPrime: Well thats good I guess. :razz:

You know Airandius why not just put me down as staff for modeler or whatever seen as I agreed to make all the models you need. XD

There you go!

Holla can i join i have some models like Vegito,Monkey,Trunks with sword,Shenron, and many others :p.and i can do some spells

Sure you can join! The more models the better! Best models (I will also look at filesize) will enter the map, and spells would be very usefull since I have no clue how to put in custom spells like the Kamehameha since most spells need jass imports and I just don't understand it. xD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spells are always welcome! And people that can import them into the campaign are welcome to! :thumbs_up:

Oke I added some idea's for the spells inside the NFO of my map.
Each unit will have a ki blast (standart attack).

Some units will gain transformation spells (not based of morph but made through triggers). Unless ofcourse it's able to morph a unit into an other unit when it already has been morphed, not sure though. xD
Still don't know that.

And what a surprise it will have spells like the kamehameha! I gues Upgrade will implent them if he wants to. :p (You'll get cookie and credits for it. :p)

Last edited:
Level 4
Hehe, boo saga. oopsie :p
This campaign will cover the main story of dbz from the part where radditz arrives on earth all the way till goku as ss3 killing buu.
It's to bad that the movies take part at wierd times, between saga's when actualy there is no time.
So I wont add them to this campaign.
However it's still a open thing, I only finished the part of radditz (and only terrain) for now. A rather small part since it will function as a small tutorial of how to play this game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People may always help out, currently I'm looking for good spells I can put in my map also I need alot of help with the game cache since I hardly understand it even after reading 3 tutorials. xD

Models are already under progress and I have Sordurar to help me with the story.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a update btw, telling what characters will be available to play, and some more stuf.

I'd be glad to help with terrain/spells!
-My e-mail is [email protected]
-or PM me

Level 17
Send your map to [email protected] then i add models and make terrain

No need for that now, the campaign is not yet in that stage. I'm still at the drawing board also, I like doing terrain myself and I know how to import models.
My problems is importing spells since that goes wrong alot but there is no need for that, I'll send you the map once I need your help.

Btw, why did Tau Empire's comment went down all of sudden? xD Now it looks like I double posted but actualy I reacted to his comment. :xxd:
Realy confusing :eekani:

Level 17
Lol double poster how could you. I'm not sure I can help you out with much except icons and ideas, cause 1. I don't have a modelling program 2. Not sure how JASS works 3. I suck at terrain lol.

You can make Icons for me yes, I'll tell you what icons I need when the time is there.
For now I atleast need Icons for each of the characters, and for all their forms. (So a Icon for Kid Gohan, Icon for Teen Gohan Normal, Icon for Teen Gohan SS etc.)

And I'm realy confused:
Your post saying: You sayed all the way to the Boo saga now im gonna tell you this right now it's Buu lol. Are you gonna do movie saga's cause I really wanna see how to beat Broly lol. Is there a way I can help out?

Keeps going down..!! wtf! =O
And I didn't double post, it's your post that's being buggy for going down all the time. xD

Level 17
Well I finally Finished the hero icons like you asked and if you need more or your missing some just ask me.

Thank you, but where are the disabled ones? :p I'll need those aswell. I can't view ehm btw, it's all becasue of my buggy vista but I trust you that these are good icons, thanks.

And Zerox, I would like the models to come in the same order as they appear in the saga.
So first:
Kid Gohan
Goku (You already got that one.)
Piccolo (You already got that one aswell.)
Vegeta
Nappa
Radditz
Krillin
Yamcha
etc.

You don't have to do the less important characters like Master Roshi and King Kai but it would be nice to see them once everything is complete.

Level 17
Ok I updated the ZIP folder on my old post and it had DISBTN icons now. Also Vista isen't buggy if it can't see BLP files cause BLP files really isen't a picture but a texture.

Thanks, and I'm sorry I said it in a wrong way:
My Vista can't use programs that convert TGA to BLP and it can't use programs that can see BLP aswell for some strange reason.
9/10 Times it's because it's not Vista support.

The other 1/10 times is because the program just sucks.. xD

Anyway, thanks again, next I'll be needing icons for the spells but I have yet to decide what spells I'll be adding.

Level 20
Thank you, but where are the disabled ones? :p I'll need those aswell. I can't view ehm btw, it's all becasue of my buggy vista but I trust you that these are good icons, thanks.

And Zerox, I would like the models to come in the same order as they appear in the saga.
So first:
Kid Gohan
Goku (You already got that one.)
Piccolo (You already got that one aswell.)
Vegeta
Nappa
Radditz
Krillin
Yamcha
etc.

You don't have to do the less important characters like Master Roshi and King Kai but it would be nice to see them once everything is complete.

Well I'm working on many things. But I'll make sure to get them done.

model wise id find who did these models and see if he can make you new ones or use his old

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f202/dbz-tenkaichi-96488/

Good luck contacting someone who's been inactive for forever. I'll just make them for you no sweat.

Level 17
model wise id find who did these models and see if he can make you new ones or use his old

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f202/dbz-tenkaichi-96488/

I agree those Models own, most likely it will mean they are massif in filesize, besides Zerox is already helping me with models, and his models are good aswell. :grin:

Besides filesize is important, since it will have around 20 maps or something.
I don't want this campaign to be like more then 20Mb xD

(It actualy depends if it's to much I'll just release the Campaign devided into 3 parts like the original GBA game does aswell, first part till Frieza, second part till Cell and thrid part till Buu.

But I'll have to see about it, Sordurar just made the extended script of the Saiyan Saga. ^^

Level 17
I'll do my best to finish it asap but with my exams and stuf this will take VERY long.. xD
And I must agree with upgrade, wc3 wont go down that easy. :p
Unless a wc4 is released wc3 will be popular. xD

Announcement:
- I figured out not to use a Game Cache for a save system since that way u could cheat, game cache will only be used to save heroes from one map to an other.
I'll just move them around the map and change player.. xD

Any suggestions for an other system may be posted here aswell. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.