• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Cute Lass

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Female Old Vailian ship captain. She likes men with blonde hair, and fights with cutlass... You get it? Cute Lass with cutlass, hehe... Alright.
I was Inspired by Pillars of eternity 2 and Warhammer: Rogue Trader.

Special thanks to:
johnwar - base model and hair (cora redfist and tyrande whisperwind) ;
asssssvi - cutlass and hat (flibustier and captain morgan);
himperion - boots (from fastrider sorceress);

Model not finished: sanity check, hair animation, spell, spell throw etc.
Changelog: sanity check: collision shape, unused and warnings (bone_irises is used but it shows it's unused? Jeez), spell slam is faster now and duplicated to stand victory (also i hate MOP, optimizer)

UPDATE:
23rd April: Added reskins, plus they have different "photos" in stand - 4, portrait reworked for these.
Previews
Contents

Cute Lass (Model)

Drowned (Model)

Elf girl (Model)

Night elf (Model)

Level 21
The animations would benefit from more juice, but it is still good custom made !
Check out @Gluma models if you want more ideas.
Yeah, Gluma charmed me with his old plate armor knight (that had blue skin and less polygons before update, still have that skin). About animations, I do them without guidance and they end up without "personality", like this one "Walk" is made from scratch but it looks like I CnP WOW default human run... Although I'm satisfied with Stand animations.

Today I happened to find myself disliking Mdlvis and MOP, TC background had broken visibility after optimisation and I tried to "uncheck" the visibility, but it didn't even remove. This is a reason to start learning Blender asap...

The action was particularly good, but there was a problem with the conversation's action. Can her eyes look forward instead of looking left and right during the conversation?When creating a movie character conversation on a map, that shot should follow the portrait. The effect of looking left and right is not attractive.I hope you can fix it so that I can give a rating.

Level 21
Beautiful model! I like the double hit attack animation. Have you got ideas how make sound play twice?
Tauren chieftain got sound with 2 swings, im going to use that
The action was particularly good, but there was a problem with the conversation's action. Can her eyes look forward instead of looking left and right during the conversation?When creating a movie character conversation on a map, that shot should follow the portrait. The effect of looking left and right is not attractive.I hope you can fix it so that I can give a rating.
It had camera like that, but i didnt use it, yes, eyes are unanimated. Most of portraits look left and right and dont look straight in player's soul, they look somewhere far away and dont notice you. Perhaps troll berserker and mountain king rarely look at you, but i will change portrait talk and see what happens.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Lovely lass! A solid privateer lady with some great animations & proportions. Particularly love the hat-flourish-bow of Spell Slam/Stand Victory. Don't quite know how Walk Defend & Walk Alternate factor in (without the rest), but it's nice nonetheless to have options.

Yeah, Gluma charmed me with his old plate armor knight (that had blue skin and less polygons before update, still have that skin). About animations, I do them without guidance and they end up without "personality", like this one "Walk" is made from scratch but it looks like I CnP WOW default human run... Although I'm satisfied with Stand animations.

Today I happened to find myself disliking Mdlvis and MOP, TC background had broken visibility after optimisation and I tried to "uncheck" the visibility, but it didn't even remove. This is a reason to start learning Blender asap...
Do it, learn blender. Animating is great in it.
Having auto-IK is such a game-changer, seriously.
Hair, capes, robes, or whatever secondary animations can be annoying, but blender helps to make it easier with auto-ik.

And being able to tweak your timings through the node editor is nice.