• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Creation of an Index of Events and Triggers: Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello there, I'm a newbie who was searching for new campaigns to try, and I discovered arkain through Jayborino and YetAnotherYoutuber's LPs. However, as I'm begining the Human campaign, I can't help but notice the many, many events tags present and potentially present... And the fact it can be quite easy for a newbie to miss them.

The thing is, I'd like to discover as much as possible about these campaigns, but tracking all the tags all alone can also be daunting. And the backtracking can be potentially frustrating too.

So I was thinking... Could it be possible to create a pinned thread with an index for the events, triggers and the likes for all the different campaigns (with a spoiler cover for the noes not wanting to know, of course)? I think having such an index where people could find all the triggers to get the results and the storyline they want with minimum backtracking through the missions would be a definite plus. Of course, if your opinion is different, feel free to make it known here.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I don't see a reason that this would be needed, really.
Way I see it, it causes more harm than good.

It pretty much destroys the entire purpose of playing again or even if at all if you can just see everything that is about to happen, imo.
It leaves nothing to imagination, which, btw, is not a small point when it comes to making choices.

Level 10
Well, I was just asking the question. The 'No' is rather sound, so let's leave it at that. That said, I don't think about deleting this thread. At least it shows the idea was tanked to others who might think about it (that said, beware of skipping too much cinematic. The choice about the shard gets weirder with out of synch dialogues if you skip too much there).

Status
Not open for further replies.