• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Creating a MOD DB Profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
Hehe, nice. Alright then lets just use this thread for discussion regarding the moddb site.

On the side note: CloudWolf, I've made some changes with the pickup triggers which you should just implement. These changes allows you to add more abilities but they won't apply for the heroes when equipped just yet. These changes only allows you to continue your work.

EDIT: It would be better if I finish the entire system before giving it to you.

Level 30
Will I and LTGH have any power around there? :p

Sure :D Although, im not entirely sure how to let other users post stuff as of yet :/ I dont supose you know? lol :)

Also, if you ever feel like posting news / updates regarding the inventory or parts of the game your making, feel free to post something in the announcements thread :D It could be a nice way of creating a database of work progress, plus I could put what you post into the updates section on our website ;)

Level 2
hmmmm,Cloudwolf can i ask you something?
I wanted to know about your Diablo 3,how can you make the inventory image different then usual??usually the inventory only consists of bags.(i mean the inventory slot since they are only marked as bags )I mean every item slot have its own uniqueness.slot 1 and 2 are for the handhelds such as sword or something and their images are some kind of gloves.etc
I am very grateful if you tell me.I wanna create an rpg map like you too

Level 30
hmmmm,Cloudwolf can i ask you something?
I wanted to know about your Diablo 3,how can you make the inventory image different then usual??usually the inventory only consists of bags.(i mean the inventory slot since they are only marked as bags )I mean every item slot have its own uniqueness.slot 1 and 2 are for the handhelds such as sword or something and their images are some kind of gloves.etc
I am very grateful if you tell me.I wanna create an rpg map like you too

The map is 100% open-source so feel free to take a look at it, and copy anything you need. Just remember to give us credit for it :D

Each one of the item types has been put into a specific category. E.g. Handheld items are set as "Artifact" items. Next, I made a trigger that is set to run every time a hero acquires an item.

the trigger literally runs through each item slot, checking if the slot is full, and if the item type is the correct one for the slot.

As for the background slot images, ive changed the skin for the User Interface to include custom slots :p

hope this helps xD

Level 2
What? I just gonna think you may use the war3.mpq for that since when i look on your map and see the game interface.I can't see any option to change the images slots.
Emm,can you name the option to change the slot image?thank you Cloudwolf.

Level 2
But yes,i understand your explanation very much.Especially about the equipment system.
But what i didn't know until now was the way to change the background of your inventory slots.
how did you change the skin for the User Interface to include custom slots?
Could you name the option?
Please reply me Cloudwolf thank you.

Level 30
In the maps import folder, you will find files called "UI\Console\Human\HumanUITile01.blp" and so on :p These replace the default UI files for the human race.:p

If you just wanted to change the inventory slots, you would need to convert the UI\Console\Human\HumanUITile03.blp file from the MPQ to a .TGA, then edit the inventory slots to how youn want them :)

PM me if you need any more help :D

Level 17
OH,thank you Cloudwolf,now i finally understand.So i just need to learn more about MPQ to make a better RPG.Yes i am very grateful for your help.Now,i am gonna work hard to make my map.best regards.
Oh,by the way. Do you think your diablo 3 map is pretty easy to complete?
Read this:
PM me if you need any more help :D
I think CW said that becouse that is off-topic.

And i dont like off-topic posts :/ Even though i do that myself sometimes without thinking. Post deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.