• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Chainmail Blademaster WIP - Second try

Status
Not open for further replies.
since my last try to make chainmail failed very bad, i decided to make a new one...

Attachments

• skin.JPG
    skin.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 168

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
It doesn't really look like chainmail. Looks more like plate-mail armor of some sort.

The chains are way too boxy, make them rounder.

About the chains across the chest; well the shadow is too big (it should fade more) and you should make them less blurred in my opinion, it looks more like metal with holes in it atm.

Nevertheless, keep it up :thumbs_up:

Level 2
Yes
Because obviously with a skin you can change shapes of the skin
Without using alpha channels...lordy lordy
People please learn the models before commenting like that

just stating wtf i though ok?

Last edited:
Sorry
It's just..whatever
What are you thinking of doing with the rest of it Happy?

it s gona be whole this way it is. i will do bunch of skins on blademaster, then remove everything but body, and then attach it to chest (which is alphed out) complex thing to say, this mightnot be a skin alone without mdl edits :p

I like it, much better, although would be ALOT better if you posted the flat texture of it =/

when i come home ^^

Level 36
Whoa, what happened to his face? And it's less realistic then the other one. If you're going for chainmail, you want a bunch of tiny rings linked together... the only problem with the old one was that you had squares (platemail) instead of circles (chainmail) Now they look heart shaped :p

Level 12
Looks more like scale male. Use a lighter base color so you can draw out the shapes before you start shading, that way they will be more symmetrical. Do the basic shading with a bigger brush, and the more detailed with a smaller one. That will fix the 'lineyness' of your shading. Also its looking a little monotone, try to encorporate colors seeing as metal reflects colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.