• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Can A spell Be based off an Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Is it possible to base a spell off an upgrade?

To be specific I want to create an Aura that provides an Improved bows type of effect.

Unless you know another way for an Aura to give improved range.

Thanks

Level 10
well in DotA, one of the heroes has an ability that increases his attack range. Never really tried looking for an ability that allows this on it's own, but perhaps that might hold the answer... It all depends on if the ability i'm talking about would be seen or not. If not, this could work by simple triggers. If it was seen, then you'd need to find another way. I'll look into it tomorrow and post back.

Level 2
So the way I see this, i can make a spell that can increase the unit with the spell's range, but not an Aura...Ok, thanks for the help everyone

Level 10
well if you don't mind otherr units having the buff icon, you can amke an aura that will add the range buffing ability to the units. I just don't know which one...perhaps the only way really is basing it off an upgrade. I don't know though.

Level 4
The one in dota uses an upgrade to increase his range. What you are asking for is very tricky, next to impossible; theres no ability that increases a units range.

Level 1
My Suggestion would be to create 2 units 1 normal and one with added range and use it like META is used except since its the same guy you won't know the difference. Just 1 with normal range and one with long range. If you wanna do levels of it you need to make 2 or 3 of the same guys with different leveled ranges. Thats my idea on what i would try.

But i'm still new to this whole spell making things so i might be wrong. Just started yesterday lol.. But i'm a programmer so its really not hard at all.

Level 1
My Suggestion would be to create 2 units 1 normal and one with added range and use it like META is used except since its the same guy you won't know the difference. Just 1 with normal range and one with long range. If you wanna do levels of it you need to make 2 or 3 of the same guys with different leveled ranges. Thats my idea on what i would try.

But i'm still new to this whole spell making things so i might be wrong. Just started yesterday lol.. But i'm a programmer so its really not hard at all.

Level 4
1:Thats acquisition range, not attack range
2its an AURA, not a passive that increases the hero's range

Status
Not open for further replies.