• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Builders War

Reactions: deepstrasz
Description

Builders War
is a team versus map where the players try to destroy the other team Headquarters.
It can be played from 2v2 to 4v4. Each player owns a builder with many capabilities.
A game last around 20-30min.

Features

Each player have a builder that can :
- Build farms to increase a team income (shared, gold for barracks/towers/walls or wood for research/mercenaries/items).
- Build barracks with many upgrades to send units to the other team every x seconds.
- Build towers and walls (to protect towers from units).
- Build research centers to improve the power of units, buildings, towers, unlock new buildings... And also updrage the builder skills (life/attack, and skills :repair, TP, respawn, sell...)
- Build a shop to get items that can trigger spells, improve the builder, or heal/buff the units.
- Use the neutral building in the center of the map to recruit strong bosses, or make deals with the bank.
- Swap from builder to attack mode to avoid fleeing combats.

Other :

- Everytime a game is finished, players get score (10 for winners, 3 for losers), that can be used in next game to change the appearance of the builder. (saved via generated code)
- The map add stats for https://wc3stats.com/ , so if replays are uploaded there, the players playing get Elo score.

v1.1c : Wc3Stats integration
v1.1a : Added "End of all" mercenary + fixed income for leaving player
0.3 : Food farms + better save code display at end.
v0.2c : Give units control when a player leave.
v0.2b : New "Gold sink" barrack. New "Buff Tower". New mercenary "Ancient Hydra".
v0.2a : All items/mercenaries/researchs only cost wood now. Added new tier for barracks.
v0.1d : Added "Last resort" feature on headquarters.
v0.1c : buildings balancing (better walls/towers vs barracks...)

Credits

Was done by me, pseudo "Shekill", my contact [email protected] for any feedback/bugs. Hive pseudo Ben128.

The map feature musics from https://incompetech.com/ (Royalties free)

Thanks

Any players that played the bugged alpha version
Previews
Contents

Builders War (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Small Wall and Research Center don't have DISBTNs. Icons look green on F10/game pause. Learn about icons (Complete Icon Tutorial - All About Icons) or make the DISBTNs with: Warcraft Image Lab Same: Bandit Tent, General Barracks, Healing Tower, pretty...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Username-author difference. Please provide evidence the uploader is indeed the map maker.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Small Wall and Research Center don't have DISBTNs. Icons look green on F10/game pause. Learn about icons (Complete Icon Tutorial - All About Icons) or make the DISBTNs with: Warcraft Image Lab Same: Bandit Tent, General Barracks, Healing Tower, pretty much all troops in the merc camp. Might be related to SD version. If the map is intended for Reforged mode, should set it to only be playable like that.

Nice Castle Fight type map with some emphasis on towers.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/