• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Big Problem for Cinematic Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hey guys,

I have a huge problem with Cinematic masks (Fade in - Fade out trigger)

Well , I don't want to use a Black or White mask, I imported my own with 512x512 resolution, but it seems to be having a very low quality and also expanded-width.

I just want a pure high quality mask, just as same as how I made it in the TGA form (before converting it using WC3Viewer with 99% Quality)

Anyone knows the problem?

EDIT : I didn't need to convert into BLP. USING the TGA format (the original one) helped me out, (I thought they don't work).

Last edited:
Level 15
Thanks for the fast reply,

however, the mask isn't actually a full-screen mask, it starts from the upper Bar ( of gold and lumber and stuff) and finishes with the UI lower tiles. That's why it was expanded and 512x512 resolution is really terrible.

As for 1366x576 , I didn't test it but I badly guess that it will be also shrunk. I am gonna test that anyways.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
When posting about quality I would recommend also posting a screen shot of what you mean.

With such images, if we saw JPEG compression artefacts on the overlay but not on the game content then we could tell you that the JPEG compression factor of the overlay image is too high. If it looked lower resolution that the source image then something must be wrong with the bilinear filtering using the incorrect mipmap level.

Status
Not open for further replies.