• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Aggro range help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello! I am new to the editor and I am trying to figure out how to lower the aggro range.
I've been reading all around the forum about this and different ways to fix it but I didnt manage to do it.

I will post a video of my WIP map and explain what should happen and you will see what is happening.

time 0:15 - Blue Mountain King on the top right should spawn (using enter a region move-attack region of Top Red Tower) and since Red Arthas is on the way he should attack Arthas on the "top lane" but instead he changes his target to the Red Mountain King on the "bot lane"

I tried putting Aquisition Range, Call For Help Range, Guard Distance to 100 but they always act the same way. All I want is for them to attack enemy units in range and not to switch lanes.
Am I missing something in options? I honestly dont know where to look anymore (I thought Aquistion Range would fix this.)

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks

Level 7
Well if you order them to attack move they will attack the closer target they see. I don't think acqusition range would fix it. What you can do instead is ordering them to move to target region then picking closest unit to attack or basically using a path blocker between each lines but if you dont want that you might have to stick to solution number 1

Level 2
Thanks for suggestions ppl,

How pathblockers work? I actually need the middle of map to be playable cos at some point you will have enough units that they will be fighting in the middle. Would Pathblocker break that?

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I just went by the example map, if you want individual lanes pathing blockers is a good way to separate them.
Only downside is that it works for all units which is a problem in a traditional MOBA.

The alternative is to use multiple players.
Top lane is red vs blue
Bottom lane is teal vs purple​

Make teal and red allies, and blue and purple allies.
Change color of teal and purple to suit red and clue respectively.
Make red and purple allies, make teal and blue allies​

this would prevent the units from running down.

Level 2
At some point I am going to make Units switch lanes with some spells. So I cant make Left and Right side to be allies in any case :( Damn, didnt thought this simple thing would be so hard to do :(

Level 2
I made a quick test with having 4 players = 2 on the left (top and bot are allies but dont share vision) vs 2 on the right (top and bot are allies but dont share vision) and then I changed the Aquisition Range to 400 and Sight Radius Day/Night to 400 and it seems to work so far. Ill have to do some additional testing.

Thanks for the idea! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.