• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

a new -save/load system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
As i know there is a new -save/load system that have been created.
It uses a new lander to enlarge the limited of war3 map,which means the map can be made larger than 8m. So more contents can be written in. And the system will record the save code automaticly.All the heros and items informations are written in a "orz",which is under index of the war3 save folder.
And it is only several kb.

The tool names"U9 orpg lander". It is a war3 extension. And there is only chinese version. I dont kown whether anyone have turn it in english.

If Tkok uses this system i think will much better. Because the contents can be written in several maps. It will be larger. When you can go to the second map unless you have finished the first map, or there is lvl limited.

Of course,Tkok is a epic orpg map.

PS: Sorry, am i clearly? If i break the rule i will feel:sad:

Level 4
3rd party programs like that most probably mean you cannot play on battle net. Either that or the player has to run that along with wc3 which is also really lame.

Level 1
I havent play on the BN.But i have play on the VS(like GG)through Len. It works well.
Are you almost play on the BN with friends?

doing that would be a hassle if you would suddenly want to use your code in another pc coz you would need to copy the saved file then transfer it into the new pc (if that can even be done).. and much more if your data got suddenly deleted... its easier to have a written save code, its more portable... And yes, I think most players here play on BNet.

and also, a save load code can be used in another map provided that both uses the same set of data and save/load system or else it won't work properly.

Level 1
doing that would be a hassle if you would suddenly want to use your code in another pc coz you would need to copy the saved file then transfer it into the new pc (if that can even be done)..

Yes,but the code is also hard to remember when you use another pc,the difference is which you prefer,a notebook or a usb,:D.

The problem is that it is too easy to copy the save code file played by another one who share it on the net(like Diablo2,but it can still work online). This will make it unfairly and uninteresting.

The problem that you sayed that the cord may confuse with another maps code is easy to to solve,it can create a folder aotomately,and differnt map save the code in the differnt folder.

But i think people prefer play on the BN is the main problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.