• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

City at night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello Hive,
Last time I was a little bored and so I played around with the WE and startet to map a "terrain-only"-map just for fun. I wanted to know if it's possible to create towns that really look like towns and not like... well... like something else. Of course my work isn't perfect, first of all because it's my first "terrain"-map that's only meant for watching and not for playing on. So, after this long speech I want to show you my little work:

€dit: swapped the picture with the blue camera with the same pic, but without the cam.
€dit2: 2 pictures (newer) addet

Attachments

• city2.jpg
    city2.jpg
    783.6 KB · Views: 262
  • city3.jpg
    city3.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 252
  • city4.jpg
    city4.jpg
    605.2 KB · Views: 215
  • city5.jpg
    city5.jpg
    544.3 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Level 1
a good start! although what you want to do when putting up pictures is to take out that blue camera for instance. Overall it seems as though you might need to put a bit more variety into it and maybe get some of the villagers out of there and put "city people" in there, the train tracks are nice but you might want to impose on that more with like a train station or road crossing

Level 3
Thanks for your tips!
The blue camera... well... I took two pictures of this position, one without the camera and one within it... for some reason I uploaded the wrong one, but I'll change this. The idea with the road crossing the railroads is pretty good, but I didn't find any road models, so that I had to use Trollschnitzel's (thanks @ him!) bridge model and set it on a lower level... But I'll try to use this idea. The variation... well, there are not so many nice doodads for modern cities, most models are fitting better on medival towns...
I think I'll upload some newer pics the next few days.
-greetings at all readers, Pajam!

Level 3
That looks nice, and yeah, the train tracks were the first "problem" that I saw.

The car! A custom model. Any close ups?

Level 3
Hiho,
I recognized the problem with the railroads, too... well, i'll try to make it better next time.
At the moment I've got no close ups of the car, but if you want to see it, check the model section and search for "vette.mdl". I forgot the creator's name, but it's a quite fine model (thanks at him)
More pictures will come soon.
-bye, Pajam

Level 3
So, here is the "update" for my little show-thread.
I tried to include the ideas of your feedbacks and here are the results:
MSCB7.jpg

MTSQE.jpg

-The pictures show (they should...) the central station of my city.
(to enlarge them, watch them at the attachments at the first post)

More pictures will (maybe, not surely) come next time.
-Pajam

Level 3
yep.... well, why not? maybe it costs only about $2000 and is as fast as hell...:wink:

-no, the reason for´making them having all the same car is that there are only a few car models and most of them look... well... ugly.

Level 1
lol im sure this is the best he can do with the resources he has give hi ma break sheesh!...nice job pajam look very nice a good imporvement, i also like the way you used the lamplights...

(forgive my english its bad and so what) lol

Level 3
Hiho,
the glittering things are supposed to be some houses' lighting. Some buildings'
lightings are shining very bright at night, some others' don't. It looks a little weird, but hey, which doodad fits better? When I (or You if you want to) find a better one I'll implement it there, but at the moment I don't know better ones...
Anyway, I'm glad that you like some of them and want to say "Thank You!" for your feedbacks!

greetings, Pajam

Status
Not open for further replies.