• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Skin pack...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Some old skins that I am redoing
Yes I am obsessed with Naga

FYI there are all still WIPS
More heroes to come

Attachments

• Ocean Mage Reloaded.JPG
    Ocean Mage Reloaded.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 212
  • reskin!.JPG
    reskin!.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 228
  • reskin.JPG
    reskin.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Level 18
No unwraps sir
That's not how I roll
An unwrap means nothing if its not applied to a model
A beautiful skin may look good, but looks like shit on the file
And yes suggestions of what to do exactly help
I would like to know A. why the chest needs work and B. the legs as well

Level 2
The problem is we cant really tell you what to fix or change without seeing the unwrap. And, cnp is easier to find from the unwrap along with crappy shading methods which look to be used by the pics you have shown.

You could however give us a 360 degree view of every inch of the model that would substitute well for an unwrap.

Overall they all look to EXTREMELY saturated.

Level 45
Let's see...
1.Legs look weird with that yellow/gold/whatever, same for the chest... I do like the cape and head so good job.
2.It's actually the best in my opinion... Though I'd suggest some design for the weapon/armor...
3.Not much to comment on, but I do say it needs for defined muscles on the chest, the horns are messy but that's really not your fault...

Level 2
Don't be a cocky ingrate.

First of all they all lack detail and quality.
They are blurry.
The second ones chest looks like dark blue-green cirlces on on a lighter blue-green background.
the third one is a complete blurry mess, it looks like clouds on the body and the picture is obscured by the hero glow.
NOTHING is defined, and that is a major problem. It makes the skin look like a jumbled mess thrown onto the model.

Please post the unwraps so people can ACTUALLY give you the advice on how to fix them like you said you wanted.
Although I doubt you actually want said advice, you were hoping for people to come in here and say wow they rock. But the thing is they don't.

Level 21
It would be helpful for him to post the unwraps, but he doesn't have to if he doesn't want to, and you should respect his decision instead of ranting on about it
I like the shoulder pads on the second skin, and in the first one, seems cool that you modded the cape. Maybe have some sea shells to the first one's armor? Would look pretty cool. As for the last one, the "fingers" that hold the wings together should be blue, not green.

Level 14
"Don't be a cocky ingrate."

Right... he is the one who is the cocky ingrate. I follow your reasoning completely. He, even though he is known for some pretty damn good skins, doesnt know shit about them. And you, even though you have shown nothing to prove that you even have the slightest inkling of anything even related to skins, know everything there is about what a good skin is. You have one really good sense of logic there my friend...

Oh and End I still think you need to do something better about the Bloodmages cloak. I dont know exactly what but I think something more like a really old torn cloth (like a revanents) would look best.

Level 2
Please refer to my first post, and then to his before commenting on the situation . I have been around long before you. Just because I have recently ventured to this site since I have returned from a long absence of wc3 forums, does not mean I know nothing of what I speak. I suggest you open your eyes before jumping to conclusions next time. Also since that was off topic you should have said that to me in private messages.
If you wish to continue contact me there.

As for the skins:
The second one I'm assuming the armor and weapons are not done.
So I will not say anything about them.

The first one is actually decent but the face is boring.
But seriously the other two need A LOT of work.

Level 18
..Ok those are the comments I need
Ok about the cape on the Blood Mage- Lionfish spines, wasnt sure about it
Face..yea I can update that, the portrait is really the only thing I want to look good when it comes to the face
And here is an update to the Abyss Destroyer

And thanks Supa an Denu fo reppin me :)

And Grivus, if you ARE so wise, tell me where have you been before this?

Attachments

• reskinned more!.JPG
    reskinned more!.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 132
Level 14
I did read your posts and I dont care if you are God of all Art in real life. You have nothing to back any of your big talk. Ever hear of the dog that was all bark and no bite? If you have something and want to talk all high and mighty then by all means please go ahead and post them so we will know you arent just full of it.

End try and do something else on his body because it looks a wee bit plane right now. But it is looking good. Do you have any ideas on what you are going to do for the armor?

Level 8
the 2nd one looks awesome TE, awesome armor.

And as the first one i saw the spines behind the head and was like omg! howd he do dat? definetly keep it up

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I don't like the peach belly, that ruins it.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

You have to work with your wraps better. It usually looks like you try something, it's stretched and not perfectly placed, but you continue detailing and leave it placed where it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.