• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Modeling Competition #3 - Citadel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

modelingcompetitionzh6.gif

Modeling Competition #3

Deadline: 4th of June 2007 - with possible extension. Winner(s) will be decided by the final votes of a public poll.

For this contest you will have to create your very own Citadel. Let me explain:

citadelah0.jpg

Models would require, of course:

• Proper building animations, the standard ones in Warcraft III
    • Stand
    • Death
    • Decay
    • Stand Work
    • Birth
  • Proper portrait camera

EXTRA:
  • Keep in mind upgrades might make the model more useful and appealing to voters, but they are not necessary

Basically, make your own building, much like the Town Halls or Fortresses featured in the game. But those are only an example, go wild with imagination!

Rules and Guidelines:

• Follow requirements above.
  • You may only enter one submission.
  • You have to make sure the model is fully and correctly functional in-game.
  • The model must be textured, either in-game textures, or custom textures. If custom, made by yourself.
  • You must post at least 1 WIP preview before the deadline.
  • To qualify for entry, you must post your model/skin in .mdx and .blp format, and an in-game screenshot of the model.
  • You must post your entry before the deadline expires.
  • You must make the model/texture for this competition. Which means that you cannot use old works.

Prizes:
The winner will receive +75 Reputation Points and a Special Award Icon.
Second place will receive +50 Reputation Points.
Third place will receive + 25 Reputation Points.

extensionwy9.jpg

The new deadline is the 11th of June.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Cool! I think I'll take a shot at this one.

Level 7
4th June? That's enough for me (a total n00b of modeling) to learn the required things! So I may enter (if I can handle the basics)

A building! That's what I waiting for (hehe I am a hobby architect AND suck at drawing complex curves like a man's body - but I love to draw buildings)

I must find a free modelling software now...

but...

I'll make a floating one.

DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! It came to my mind too... I must come up with another idea. Anyway, it will be a challenge to pwn you... wait wait wait, I joked. I will never can pwn TDR. :D

Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

My idea is a Goblin Airship, just to make sure nobody else goes for something similar.

Details and concepts will show up later.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

It's a flying fortress, just as much as TDR's idea.

My idea consists of the airship being constantly grounded in some sort of "dock," basically some big scaffoldings around it. This will be it as a main base of operations.

I will give it morph animations, where it will be similar to the Tree of Life's "Uproot" ability, where it will lift up and take flight, moving the base of operations elsewhere. It can then land once again, and operate like normal.

If enough people don't feel this is a fair entry for the theme, then I suppose I'll have to change my idea. But it seems to fit the criteria to me.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Be my guest.

They will most likely look completely different from eachother.

Level 11
Ooo... first entry are me :p

Nerubian Temple. I might give it upgrade-ability if I'm not lazy. WIP atm, will add some more detail to it and Im debating attempting to skin it myself or just using ingame textures :p

Attachments

• citadel2.JPG
    citadel2.JPG
    11.1 KB · Views: 167
Level 7
Huh, I finally found out what I will make: a simple human citadel "castle". But before I start, I just need to know:

1. Can the bulding have unique pathing texture/size?
2. Is there a polygon limit or any other limitations (like detail, texture size etc.)?
3. Is there a size limit? Let me explain. The original human Town Hall's size are VERY tiny in comparison to the Peasant or any other units and I want to make mine a little bit closer in size (however the size ratio will never be 1:1 - I plan something in the size of the Cathedral doodad.)

Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

No, and no.

But do make it usable in Warcraft please, and as practical as possible.

Level 32
Pretty sexy wire frame there, Wulfy.

Could you increase the overall diameter of the turtle's shell rim to give yourself a lot more room for terrain above the water line?

I can't wait to see the barnacles and moss and stuff that are sure to be adhering to the slimy skin of your swimming citadel!

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

So we must use the Town Hall pathing texture and size?
Do we need to make all three "versions" of the building? (like town hall - keep - castle)

No you don't if you don't want to.

And no, I said it's optional to have three versions.

Keep it up Wulf, looking like a good start. Though I don't like the mixture of feet and "fins." I would say either make it a land or a sea turtle. But, just my two cents.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I really think a town hall would need three versions. Could somebody do a troll citadel? And a Pandaren? And maybe one evil Undead citadel? Please please please. :) I could use these if they look good enough.

This is not the place for requests. You can give ideas, but don't beg for them.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Could somebody do a troll citadel? And a Pandaren? And maybe one evil Undead citadel? Please please please. :) I could use these if they look good enough.

Sounds like begging to me. And a request.

I'm just saying, you can suggest something, but don't try to get your requests done this way. If you need something, feel free to make a request in the proper section.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I suppose Wulf's could go that way if she wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.