• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

A Sad Notice About Other Project...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
I can't because I still don't have my computer, however it is coming in about a week and a half or two. But it might take a couple extra days to get new computer parts and to reboot the computer system.

@moyack: Frost Shield has a different FX in WoW. A shield with ice on it pops up above the caster, and then it disappears after about 2 seconds, but the spell is still on. Frost Armor slows the attackers for 5 seconds and does some damage at the same time. Need a screenshot of the effect?

Level 15
sRPG Announcement said:
It is with mixed feelings that I (Aray) am announcing these latest news. After months upon months struggling with IaW, me and Shadow1500 have now decided that IaW is not among our top priorities anymore. We have decided to put the progress of IaW on a halt. There might be occasional bugfixes if it is highly needed, but other than that you should not expect to see any changes to the current official version of IaW.

As it is highly unlikely that we will ever return to work on the IaW project, Shadow1500 is releasing IaW as open source, for other mappers to learn from, and maybe even continue the project. If anyone should decide to do so, we would appreciate if we were contacted first. Also note that the mana bug is fixed in this version. If you want to work with it in the WE though, you will also require the editor pack that has also been released.

P.S: We are not done yet :) Press the "Read more.." link.

So here's the thing; We haven't really grown tired of developing games, we've just grown tired of working with the World Editor and
its often annoying faults and limits. We have decided to continue working with the RPG genre,
by making a real game. This will allow us to work with an create our own rules,
instead of being chained by the restrictions found in the WE. The game we are now making is
completely independent from IaW. It is a brand new RPG concept, made from the scratch by me.
It will be an action-based RPG, borrowing a few other tricks from other genres to spice it up a bit and add some more interactivity and speed to it. There is basically two things left for us to do now:

1. Programming the entire game. This will be done entirely by Shadow1500, as he is the only one with the sufficient programming knowledge out of the two of us.
2. Secondly, we will have countless discussions about the main concept, and figure out the best possible ways to solve the problems and issues that we may encounter, thereby fine-tuning the game as we go along.

If there are any major announcements to make regarding our development, we will announce it here if you should be interested.

That is all for now. Thanks to those who have supported us along the way, and thanks to all of you who downloaded and enjoyed playing Isles at War.

Yours sincerely, Aray and Shadow1500

It's a sad notice for the WC3 community, but they want something better, and it's understandable. I want to wish the best of luck to Shadow in this new step.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.