• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Phoenix Trial Results - April Fools Joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
And yet another contest has ended here at HiveWorkshop. I have to admit that I was deeply disappointed by the contestants, after analyzing in detail the submissions. Here are the results with the final scores:

Werewulf - Beetle Queen Mirror - (2/30)
- Creativity (0/10) - Horrible idea. When I said reflection, I expected much more than just another mirror. I am deeply disappointed by you Wulf.
- Blizzard Feeling (1/10) - I'll give you one point for this so you don't say I'm a total son of a bitch. But honestly, how would you expect this icon to fit into a Warcraft game? More luck next time.
- Technical Note (1/10) - You were lucky again, saved by the amount of experience you have. You surely didn't put effort into this icon. I am fully disappointed. I bet you roughly sharpened this icon. And stop using smudge! It looks horrible.

FINAL SCORE: (6,66%+40.7%)/2 = 23.68%

Chriz - Frightnening Change - (4/30)
- Creativity (1/10) - Again, a mirror? What the hell is wrong with you? Can't you be more creative than that? And a sheep? COME ON! I've seen this polymorph idea thousand times. The purple background earned you one point. I'm not surprised that this is between your first icons. It's really noobish and sloppy.
- Blizzard Feeling (2/10) - Polymorph gives it a slight blizzard feeling. But jeesh... That hand is so non-blizzard. It ruins the whole icon. Just look at chain lightning and compare it with your icon. The difference is prepostorous. Imagine if someone used this icon in tandem with healing. A total catastrophy.
- Technical Note (1/10) - FFS, stop using smudge dude! Don't tell me that you didn't, because I can see it abunding in this icon! I can see the edges of the elements. It's simply horrible. You have no experience with icons whatsoever. Try harder next time before considering joining an elite competition like this one.

FINAL SCORE: (13.3% + 29.6%)/2 = 21.45%

Camel's Hump - Premonition - (10/30)
- Creativity (5/10) - Mediocre idea, but better than yet another lame mirror. Can't say that it's cool though. It's not something special, as it didn't make me jump off the chair.
- Blizzard Feeling (2/10) - A slight bit of blizzard feeling, but the colors, the style... even the amount of details is so non-blizzard. You could try harder you know.
- Technical Note (3/10) - I can clearly see that this is not your first icon, but it still has some noobish details. I mean... a lot of smudge again. I imagined you would do a much better job, especially since this is your speciality. Oh well... not everyone can be good. We need mediocre people too. It's no shame to admit that.

FINAL SCORE: (33.3% + 7.4%)/2 = 20.35%

Chaos - Mirror Shield - (15/30)
- Creativity (5/10) - A very original mirror. It's a pity that the icon does not present anything else. But way better than the previous contestants anyway.
- Blizzard Feeling (4/10) - Not too much blizzard feeling, but would fit really well in other games such as Dune 2000. So for that, you get 4 points.
- Technical Note (6/10) - Now this is what I call a very good example of smudge! However... the icon misses a lot of details, and why the hell would a mirror shine? Work on this aspect more!!!

FINAL SCORE: (50%+7.4%)/2 = 28.7%

BlackDoom - Mesmerize (28/30)
- Creativity (9/10) - Very awsome idea!!! I just love that you came up with so many eyes. It expresses so much! Can't say I'm not a bit subjective but what the hell? This beats the crap out of blizzard.
- Blizzard Feeling (10/10) - Again, I guess I'm a bit subjective but what the hell? What are friends for? Very very very awsome! This is 100% blizzard quality.
- Technical Note (9/10) - It would be a bit weird if I gave you maximum points here, because the resizing is a bit obvious, but except that, I bet nobody else has anything to comment.

FINAL SCORE: (93.3%+7.4%)/2 = 50.35%

So let's all give my very good friend (thanks for those World Cup tickets btw) BlackDoom a hug, for his awsome submissions. And to everyone else... I am deeply disappointed. I expected so much more from you.

Reputation and medal to be added soon.

~Daelin

Level 32
No more icon contests please. Ever.

I'm gratified that I somehow managed to pick the winner (even though I picked the WRONG icon).

I guess that I just had to take my pick of the best of a rather bad lot, as I said in the voting thread.

"If faced with the choice of the lesser of two evils, no matter which you pick, at the end of the day you still wind up with evil." - Ralph Nader

*blerg* After looking at all those poorly conceived and executed icons, I now feel soiled and nauseated, I think i need to go throw up and then take a shower. I just hope that I don't kill myself before I get into the bathroom

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

What the FUCK?!

Seriously, what the hell are you smoking Daelin, this is ridiculous!

Know what? If I'm such a crappy artist, then I guess the hive staff has no real need for me right? I mean, we only want the best so why have some shitty inexperienced moron helping to moderate this site?

And Wolverabid, shove it. You have no right to talk about the entrants work in that way. I thought you were a decent person. But I guess you're just a pompous dick.

This site is full of hypocritical SoB's.

If I'm going to get this kind of treatment, I'm going to resign.

Level 19
Calm down Chriz.
He didn't said that you were a crappy artist, or something in that way.
And why should you be this angry, when you know much people liked your icon?
Its just a competition, not something to fight for your life with.
I didn't even came this far, so what? At least I tryed.

Altough, its a shame to see such results... Maybe Wolverabid is right.
"No more icon contests please. Ever."

We're all artists after all,
each in its own way ...

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Calm down Chriz.
He didn't said that you were a crappy artist, or something in that way.
And why should you be this angry, when you know much people liked your icon?
Its just a competition, not something to fight for your life with.
I didn't even came this far, so what? At least I tryed.

Altough, its a shame to see such results... Maybe Wolverabid is right.
"No more icon contests please. Ever."

We're all artists after all,
each in its own way ...

Don't you tell me to calm down you twit, I'll get pissed off if I want to.

And he said my work was "Sloppy, noobish" said it would be a total catastrophe in game, said that I used an abundance of smudge, and that I'm too inexperienced to join these kind of competitions.

Don't tell me to calm down.

....bunch of morons.

Level 32
Tough luck Chriz.wad.

What the FUCK?!

Know what? If I'm such a crappy artist, then I guess the hive staff has no real need for me right? I mean, we only want the best so why have some shitty inexperienced moron helping to moderate this site?

And Wolverabid, shove it. You have no right to talk about the entrants work in that way. I thought you were a decent person. But I guess you're just a pompous dick.

You are obviously a childish, profane spoilsport.

Do you know how to spell [highlight]LOSER[/code] ???

My assessment of your "submission" stands.

I don't use profanity and am shocked that a supposedly "high reputation" user like yourself would flame Daelin and myself merely for expressing our honest opinions. If you want to quit, go right ahead: don't let the door hit you on your way out. THW is better off without YOUR kind anyway.

Don't you tell me to calm down you twit...
[broke="stfu"]I'll just (politely) tell you:[/broke]

[off-topic] Archian: If the crybaby stays (God forbid) I think we have just found our moderator for the new Whining forum.

Level 14
What the FUCK?!

cry more noob?

Level 12
WTF?!

Me, the texturing mod, didn't win? AND I DIDN'T EVEN GET CLOSE? WORST OF ALL I WAS ONLY ONE PLACE AHEAD OF CHRIZ!!!

Daelin even said my work was mediocre and I smudged, this is just going to far. If you don't change the results right now I am going to quit my position at The Hive, the site that holds rigged contests.

Wolv you can go hump a rock for all I care.

Daelin, you're really fucking mean. Quit bitching. Chriz's icon was a really good idea and it fit into the game just like any other custom-made icon.

I'd like to see you try to make something better. Son of a bitch.

PS: we need a new judge. No wait, NO JUDGES. Lets go by member votes. This way we'll have the opinion of everyone and not just one moron.
PPS: Werewulf's look more like Blizzard's than any other.

Last edited:
Level 32
[off-topic]

Guys we really need to lighten up on Daelin. He's an administrator and was the creator and judge of this icon challenge (God I pray there's NEVER another one).

[highlight]His decision is final![/code]

He's also, by far, the most experienced, talented, and qualified among all of us (IMO) and has done more for THW and the Warcraft III community than all the rest of us combined ever will. Period.

[broke="/ignore"]camel's_hump[/broke]

Level 14
this is going too far... check it out one more time... it is april fools...

So let's all give my very good friend (thanks for those World Cup tickets btw) BlackDoom a hug, for his awsome submissions. And to everyone else... I am deeply disappointed. I expected so much more from you.
rofl world cup tickets xD

Reputation and medal to be added soon.
why it hadn't been given already? because it is fucking april fools, calm down and stop crying noobz -_-

[/rant]

Level 12
You can't ignore me, I'm the texturing mod damnit! Wolverabid you twit, you should go back to your resource section were you belong, and leave the art stuff to us older folks. Now I'm trying to be reasonable here, but I am just too damn angry. I should have won, and I should be atleast 5 places ahead of Chriz., and now I am contemplating resignation for these offenses.

Level 18
I am laughing harder than I ever have in a forum. Has our respected community of The Hive really come down to this pitiful state?

I am not taking either side though, for I see that the contest was rigged in that Daelin picked the winner judged by friendship and bribery (the World Cup tickets).

Nevertheless, Chriz and Camel, you should not flame. Like Heero said above- most people loved YOUR icons. Be happy knowing that the users voted for yall, while the bias Daelin did not. No disrespect to Daelin though- for World Cup tickets are a huge deal.

Let it pass. We might as well just given BlackDoom his medal ages ago since this contest seemingly was created for only that reason. There must be more than one judge per contest if we are using moderators as the ones who make the final decision, unless we pick the winner by the users votes. Why have us vote in the first place if it wont be considered, right?

*EDIT* After thinking about it for a very long time, I have decided that I am going to just move over to The Unofficial Warcraft III Forums. They obviously have a much more organized, respectful, and talented community. TUWF has always been better than THW and now maybe some of you will join me in the move. Farewell, THW.

Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

You guys really think I'm that lame?

Damn, you need to get out more.

Level 11
Normally I would've kept this going for about 3 more hours but since I'm tired of deleting messages and WILLTHEALMIGHTY did all he could to ruin it (thank you very much for ruining it, you've earned my respect (NOT :thumbs_down: )).

Anyway, I doubt it was that cruel. I had to be very bitchy to make it look convincing (and apparently atleast a few fell into the trap... atleast I hope so). Chriz figured it out, but decided to go with the flow and have fun. Thanks for that Chriz. :wink:

Thanks for the awsome support Wolve (for deleting posts and everything). These are obviously not the true rules. The bribery stuff was extremely obvious indeed (World Cup tickets? Yeah right). Sorry if anyone felt offended by this joke. I take all the bad words back! It's kinda obvious that neither Wulf, nor Chriz or Camel are bad artists. And even if of course there are certain individuals on this planet better than them, I'm not between them.

This thread is moved to off-topic as it has nothing to do with contests anymore. Hope not everyone found this cruel. It was just the perfect opportunity (I did not plan it, just popped into my mind this morning). Peace!

~Daelin

Level 36
Hah, that was great. All the responses xD And Will, Jacek all you other haters who take things too seriously and try and wreck it for everyone else... fuck off plz? PLZ! We're having some fun here, lighten up a bit.

PS If you really wanted to piss everyone off, you should have made MY icon the winner XD

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Lol I had fun actually and I laughed alot with one of my friends at MSN XD

I was thinking to myself: "I'll stay out of this topic and wait for the changes on the Staff. I'll call Archian at once to see what happens! XD" kind of... dark thoughts I guess =P

Level 8
I didn't get it in the first way, too.

After I read the first comments on werewulf, I thought, holy shit, what the hell, I went on, until I read mine, ok I still didn't got it, after BlackDoom won this contest, it was clear to me. No offence Black :p

Daelin, you bastard ^^

Chaos

Hah, that was great. All the responses xD And Will, Jacek all you other haters who take things too seriously and try and wreck it for everyone else... fuck off plz? PLZ! We're having some fun here, lighten up a bit.

PS If you really wanted to piss everyone off, you should have made MY icon the winner XD

I wasn't trying to wreck it for everyone else... I just have this reflex to spoil it.
:sad:

@Toink: Meh, sorry. Gonna shut up next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.