• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nightwing-WIP (+question)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Nightwing-WIP

Heya, I got a question, I attached the model with the skin and next to it the unwrapped version.

You can see the wrapped version got yellow parts, but I do not have any of them in the unwrapped version, what is the problem, how can I change that.

I already checked it out, it's the area around the teamcolor.

I hope you can help me with this, in addition any critic is helpful.

Chaos

Attachments

• Nightwing-WIP3.jpg
    Nightwing-WIP3.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Level 14
Ya I have tried skinning this once a little while back. It goes to show how stupid blizz can be sometimes. The skin for this has 2 paths: units\Human\BloodElfDragonHawk\BloodElfDragonhawk.blp and units\Human\BloodElfDragonHawk\Dragonhawk.blp
Oh and by the way if anyone wants the noncrappy skin it is in one of those paths. The skin was orriginally a more metal color but it was for a bloodelf... so it had to be red and they were to lazy to reskin the armor to make it red and just changed the colors really badly.

Level 8
So I've to remap both textures ?

units\Human\BloodElfDragonHawk\BloodElfDragonhawk.blp
units\Human\BloodElfDragonHawk\Dragonhawk.blp

Ok, I got it. Now it works, very weird ! Stupid ?

Ok, when I finish it, how do I describe the community how to apply it right.

Chaos

Level 32
Looks good so far.

The Nightwing's shield is the best part of this skin (so far) and the beast's head seems pretty much complete too.

The sword could obviously use a lot more detail and it looks like you have really just started on the wing details. Keep it up: that thing is going to pwn some orcs or undead when it takes to the skys!

Level 14
To describe it you just need to tell them they have to import it once and change the filepath to one of those and then import it again and change it to the other filepath. It affectively doubles the size of it but there is no other way around that I know of. Blame Blizz. All you really can do to try and compensate for having to import it twice is by just making the size as small as you can.

Level 8
To describe it you just need to tell them they have to import it once and change the filepath to one of those and then import it again and change it to the other filepath. It affectively doubles the size of it but there is no other way around that I know of. Blame Blizz. All you really can do to try and compensate for having to import it twice is by just making the size as small as you can.

ok, I'll do it.

I added a version with both remaps. I know I need to work on it.

Chaos

Attachments

• ss0005.JPG
    ss0005.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 99
Level 8
Heya, I don't have that much time for the contest :(

Here's my final result, critics please, so I wanna submit it, soon.

Sorry for bad screenies, no time.

Chaos

EDIT: sry for double post, did not see it, first one in 300.

Attachments

• ss0009.JPG
    ss0009.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 115
  • ss0010.JPG
    ss0010.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 107
  • ss0011.JPG
    ss0011.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 138
Status
Not open for further replies.