• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Access violation fatal error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So i Made a model

Then imported it into the map

Then i changed a unit model to the one i made

Placed the unit in the map and saved.

I ran Test Map, it almost loaded then crashed.

I was hungry so i said fuck it ill come back later.

Came back later and now i cant open the map in world edit because it just crashes.

How can i fix this? :ogre_rage:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Delete the model file from the map archive. To do this you need a MPQ editor. I recommend MPQEdit.

Back up the map archive before editing in case something goes wrong. Open it up and delete the corrupted model file. Close MPQEdit to remove the lock on the archive file) and then open the map in WorldEdit. It should hopefully not crash anymore.

Something is wrong with your model (broken/invalid). It might be a missing chunk, corrupted chunk or invalid chunk. It might also be a broken reference. Basically anything wrong with the model.

Try posting your model if you want it debugged. I also recommend trying to export it again in-case something went wrong with the first export.

Level 1
OMG TTTTHHHAAAANNNKKKK YYYYOOOUUU!!!!!!
you just saved weeks of work
Idk what when wrong with the model ill try expoting it again and see if that works.
again thank you ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.