• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How do you do the ice effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
heres the trigger:

On terrain
Events
Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in *rect on ice*((((Matching unit) is A ground unit) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by ((Current movement speed of (Picked unit)) / 20.00) towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees)

Level 24
Off topic

ahh u stole my animated sasuke gif! :lol:
well i was thinking of Sasuke with my own gif instead of the one that i found but that might not be for a while
=Þ i bet u don't know what those words under my sasuke mean
:? well maybe u do but MAYBE YOU DON'T

Level 7
My god i didnt know this entire method was so complicated >.< :evil: . I ended up figuring it out after about 15 minutes of puzzlement :twisted: and i see that your trigger was exactly perfect, i just got confused with some of the same looking triggers and crap... Anyways thank you for a very clearly (I think) done 'tutorialish' thing.

Level 8
1st trigger

Slide
Event:Every 0,03 seconds of the game
conditions : /
Action:
For each integer A from 1 to 10 do
Set Temp_point_Unit = Position of SlideUnit[Integer A]
If TerrainType at position of Temp_point_Unit equal to Northrend Ice
then do
Set Temp_point_Slide = Position of SlideUnit[Integer A] with offset 3 and facing Facing(SlideUnit[IntegerA])degrees
Move SlideUnit[Integer A] to Temp_point_Slide
Custom script : call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_point_Unit[GetIntegerA())]
Custom script : call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_point_Slide[GetIntegerA())]

this works fine without any lagg

2nd Trigger

Make unit face point ( needed for slide )

Normally you can't move the unit when its sliding. But you can do it with another trigger

Make unit face degrees

Event:A unit gets an on a point order ( or something like this )
Conditions: Ordered order equal to (move)
Set Temp_Point_Order = Point of Issued Order
If Triggering unit equal to SlideUnit[Playernumber of(Owner of(Triggering unit))] equal to true
Terrain type at position of SlideUnit[Playernumber of(Owner of(triggering unit))] equal to Northrend - ice
Make unit face Temp_Point_Order in 0,1 seconds ( Or your delay )
Custom Script:Call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point_Order[GetConvertedPlayerID(GetUnit( TriggeringUnit())]

Level 22
purplepoot, not every trigger without cleaning leaks lags after using it a couple of times. u hardly notice it.. i only clean leaks if its a very long game or if alot units use the trigger. but yea, Don0ndrew, if u want, just go get leak checker on this site and clean the damn memory leaks :p

and why u dont like the movespeed thing? look, if u r running and suddenly get on ice, u slide faster then when u walk, and enter the ice right? with movement speed is so much more realistic then every unit sliding at the same speed.. is just stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.