• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Slide Effect trigger (please help me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
alright im doing a ice maze game (simple short game but will be extremely diffucult) and of course i kno that theres alot of games that involve ur unit sliding and all but i decided to create 1 to test out ur mazing skills .

but one problem......i have no idea how to create a sliding trigger. so far i have in the trigger "unit enters region- pause unit"
so if someone could please tell me a way to get a sliding effect w/o jass or nething becuz i dont even kno the first thing to jass

plz and ty

Level 10
I'm not 100% sure, but since the unit is only moved about a third as often, it will not use so many system ressources over the time, don't you think so? :wink:
For one unit this will not be very important anyway, but if you slide some more at the same time, it will show, I think.

Level 22
ah... :) but if u use 0.03, u must make the offset tree times larger, or it will slide 3 times as slow

btw.. i saw u uptaded ur mad. I looked at the comments and I saw I wrote some small lame ass comment. It is a positive comment, but I dunno why I didnt give a 5/5 I dont remember anything being wrong with it.
I give it a 5/5 :)

Level 10
Of course you have to adjust the offset again if you change the rate! I thought that would have been clear. 8)

And thanks for the 5/5 rating in times where rating has gone! :D
I saw you even got a DC award for you map, congratulations! :wink:
You often talk about a campaign you are working on... can I get more information about it somewhere? Concerning mine, well just look at my signature and click on it.

We're getting off topic... M1LENK0's problem seems to be solved for a while, but let's go on. 8)

Level 2
this will also allow the person to somewhat curn there unit while in mid slide right? cuz if it duz TY!

also while im here im working on a thing that will change ur name into what u type like -name " "
but i have no idea what to put in that string or if i should put in jass (which i still dont kno about)

also im having trouble with a chat trig that changes unit color

Level 22
u should save the typed string as a variable (string variable) and then set the players name to that variable

for the color change, whats hard about that?
u can change the colour of the player (at player functions) or for units (at unit fuunctions)

about my campaign, its a long story, but the story line isnt totally finished. should i tell it here or should i make a new topic or sumthing?
i do it in my own so i dont have a site or sumthing

PS: Ye my first map, Directors Choice :eek:

Level 2
Ramza said:
for the color change, whats hard about that?
u can change the colour of the player (at player functions) or for units (at unit fuunctions)

the color thing is somewhat hard. for some reason i put in
event-player redthru player orange type message -black
action-change triggering units color to black

but i cant change the triggering unit to something else i dont kno how. i guesse im too lazy to find it or sumtin

Status
Not open for further replies.