• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Plasma Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 45
StarShip Trooper Models

Well.. i went to check if PR had done anything, so i checked there site, saw that there mod got in some top..thingy so i clicked there, but i went to the news section of Moddb accidentally...but i scrolled down and found a RTS game being made based on Startroopers, the game is fresh, so it just started.

I looked at their stuff, wasnt too happy..with..their models...wasted polies..ewwy textures i must admit, never meaning to offend, so it caused me to post on their site as a freelancer modeler.
Their old plasma bug had over 1000 polies, mine has about 800.

and atm im remaking their plasma bug, mines not unwrapped or textured yet.
I also really..really REALLY want to unwrap their skin for the archin..watever bug..

But...the unwrap is really..confusing and..not placed...right....heres the plasma bugs unwrap for there old one: Click Here

Old model: Click Here

Anyway, the games hosted at moddb, and heres the games site:
moddb site
offical site

and by all means, i dont wish to offend their hardwork, but its just my opinion on them.

Heres my reference image:Ref image

It also seems iv gone over my attachment..limits..strangely i thought this prob was fixed. anyway, here are the images. 910 polies.

EDIT: Added the Chariot Bug. 360 polies.

EDIT: Added Tanker Bug 558 polies.

with back leg...things?

EDIT: Warrior bug, about 700 polies(this model was an edit of the original at the project..thing..)

A goo mound (resource thingy) about 300 polies.

Bug Mound (creates Warrior bugs, hopper bugs and Blister Bugs) about 400 polies

Fissure (creates Tanker Bugs and Plasma Bugs) about 700 polies cuz of the rocks

Fissure v2, made too look less vagina-ish >.>

I have edited their Trooper, only edited the unwrap, changed the legs abit and such.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Starshiptroopers was a wierd movie that featured aliens blowing the shit out of millions of humans, which was wierd considering they were so advanced they could have just launced some really strong nuke upgrade and blown the alien bugs planet up.

But who cares.
The modle looks good and the project might produce something half decent and I hope they take advantage of the new 3D graffic methods that have come out since that way polies should be no problem.

Also wonder if they will give support to modern features like dual core or Dx10 and other really efficent methods of graffics and processing.

Well anyway wonder what it will turn out like.

Level 45
Thanks for the comments and yes iv seen starship troopers, number 2 kinda sucks since it was more of a serious one and got kinda boring,while the first one had like comedy and such in it.
Iv finished the unwrap and im starting to texture the model atm.

EDIT: the model is done, now i just need to send them another version with the legs outstretched so they may rig it.(bah, ill just posture the legs clean, too hard to outstretch...and im too tired...)

it was hell adding another set of legs specially when there wasnt enough space in the joints to the body..

Last edited:
Level 45
Thnx, the textures are 512x512. The chariot bug ...has a large range of concepts...so it was abit odd to make, oh and it has about 350 polies.

Iv talked to the person who im giving them to, he sent me the plasma bug to texture...but he might not be happy that i totally redone hes model...

but also, there will most likly be a clash of style so anything who wants to help the guy can go ask :)

oh, and heres the tanker bug....made out of the Plasma bug. 558 polies.

Level 45
Yep.
Heres a list of what ill be making... I havnt confirmed this with myles yet, but he is the leader so he may change this, sounds like a fair bit....but rigging and anims are another thing, and thats not what im doing.
Images and info can be found here:
LIST

The Engine from what i know is very old, but free. Its based upon the Glest engine which is also a Free RTS:
Glest Site

And for all those that want models for wc3 from me, i cant..my vertex mod doesnt work.. even if iv added the missing file and re'dl AND milkshape wont work, even if i crack it *cough*.
JASS:
DONE 1.Warrior Bug-Melee Basic
-Upgrades to Royal Warrior

2.Blister Bug-Range
-Upgrades to Royal Blister

DONE 3.Tanker Bug-Large Melee

4.Water Tiger Bug-Water,melee

DONE 5.Plasma Bug-Seige

DONE 6.Chariot Bug-Spy

7.Worker Bug-Worker

8.Hopper Bug-Flying
-Upgrades to Royal Hopper

9.Brain Bug-Spells

10.Transport Bug-Transport,Flying

Possible Hero Bugs-
karshi-the Royal Warrior Bug
Zhari-The Bug Queen
Bahng-The Blister Bug
jarhiri-the Brain Bug

DONE Goo Mound-
Goo Source

Xylon Mound -
Xylon Source

Iron Deposit-
Iron Source

Nursery Burrow-
Energy(population) source.

(DONE)Bug Mound-
Builds 1 and 2

Fissure-
builds 3 and 5

Water Cave-
Builds 4

Spire-
Builds 8 and 10

Hive Cavern-
Builds 6,7 and 9

Last edited:
Level 45
Well, some people claim i let people walk over me when i get my head into something..and i guess thats very true...specially with the tasks of models that people request..blah blah...then i ..kinda get ...stressed and lazy near the end..and..well, im sure you know how it turns out Dionesiist :/

I can be aggressive and cruel at times, but the passive and scared side of me can be easily taken advantage of.

anyway, what inspired me here was, well...to put my models to good use and well, the starship trooper bugs are just kool. And well, i thought..they needed..alot more help but had the potential i guess. >.>

But im thankful i applied as a freelancer... id be cutting my own throat and bashing my head agaisnt the wall if i applied as a team member..and im already a modeler in another project..and its...really pulling on my back......specially when im ask to fix/edit etc more models when i cant due to program probs...

Level 7
ya know these could be used to make bug evolution a whole lot better like if the maker of it recreated it and used these models it'd be a great map.

Level 8
I kinda do agree with the people to some extent. I mean the people making this project haven't really "proven" themselfs that they will be capable of completing the project. But the models are good and you made them so if anything you can use them for something else. You should reduce that amount to just a couple and ask that they get a bit of stuff done. I mean I seen plenty of these kinda groups before they will drain every new member dry before they acutly start doing there work.

Last edited:
Level 45
=/

i remodeled all their bugs..
and i fixed their original warrior bug and added arms...and re-unwrapped and textured it..

NOTE:
Redone/edited the fissure model since like..ALOT of people said it looked like a vagina :eek:
Iv also added the trooper render, i didnt make the model, but i fixed the legs and it and such.
ATM, Im currently fixing the barrackes unwrap and re-texturing it. Also Myles has animated most of the models.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Was that really necessary? But since you revived this I'll move it to the gallery.

Level 3
Starshiptroopers was a wierd movie that featured aliens blowing the shit out of millions of humans, which was wierd considering they were so advanced they could have just launced some really strong nuke upgrade and blown the alien bugs planet up.

But who cares.
dude? they're bugs, damn-kickass-fucking-killer-bugs... isnt cool enough? :T

nice work with those models, very impressive. did you created all or used some models already done?

im having problems to import\edit models (CS, Sketchup), if you have experience on this please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.