• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Mapping Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Ive worked on City Of Drugs harder than ive ever worked on any map before. We have finnished main concept about 2 weeks ago, and have been improving and bugfixing ever since.
However, madome wasnt that active since school has started, but no worries. Even if COD wont win the contest, we will still be ready to come up with a very decent product that is well made and is just fun to play anywhere and any time

Level 7
ok, I've finished this map as much as its going to be finished before the deadline. Hope you guys enjoy it and I hope you all vote for it :).

I posted a Zipped file and the actual file, in case you guys encounter a problem with one or the other...

The official entry for Bloodvirus and Dreadnought[dA] has been entered. Any of you may host this online on bnet if you want, but if you don't think it's good enough as is then by far don't host it! let it be upgraded by us first!

Chances are though that we won't be spending any more time on this so this map is free for modifications as long as original credits are given!
Enjoy!

Attachments

• Heaven Bound - Version HiveW.w3x
    365.1 KB · Views: 244
  • Heaven Bound - Version HiveW.zip
    348.9 KB · Views: 106
Level 10
Submitting City Of Drugs that can be DL here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/5196
Make sure you try all 3 forces: mafia, drug and police
Highlights Police: Radio Communication (read inside your abilty pack), Helicopter, arrest, Commander option
Highlights Mafia: Working for Druglord, tank, HoldUP mission
Highlights Druglord: Selling/pushing drugs to junkies, drug-truck, building a base, hire mafia etc
Try Cooking, Dancing and gambling (check your item description)

Level 3
Wahooo Deadly Nights

Here is our map, Deadly Nights. It is not yet finished but can be playable. It is our first paired map so dont expect a masterpiece....... Expect to see more of us two around. :cry:

Attachments

• Deadly Nights.w3x
    2.2 MB · Views: 389
Level 10
Thats why the most mapmakers test trigger by trigger and not just making a bunch of things and than testing.
Crashing in loading screen can mean 2 things:
You are using "map initialization" trigger with fault action. Like you can Use integer A instead of integer B. Example:
  • map init
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Player((Integer B))))) the text: Muahahaha
This trigger will crush the game (you are picking integer A and using integer B)

Or you use invalid image/model/skin
Make a copy of you map and remove all trigger and imports one by one, testing them

Level 5
Im sorry guys looks like our map wont be in, however if the competition is kept open a little longer we shall be able to complete.For some reason our map has buggered up everythink just stopped working, we can fix this but not in 1 night. Good luck to all the other contestents hope you all had fun making your maps, cant wait to play them! I know they will all be superb. Me and The_spoon will carry on making TOE but like i say if we dont get it in we shall submit it to the website anyway later on. Good Luck! Totally Gutted!

Last edited:
Level 6
Well let's see how many maps will be submitted. And if you can't finish, well...just submit what you've got. A deadline is a deadline. Your unfinished map won't compete with any map that has been completed for a couple of weeks already. I doubt any of the complex maps that will be submitted have all the features the creators had planned already.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Regardless of what billy just said I'm posting this very, very, very, very buggy map (I did fix that bug Doctor Pepper but it wasn't either of those two, for some reason I had "Run this trigger" in the trigger, and so it crashed.) Nevertheless there is many many more bugs. But, I think you can still beat your opponent but I plan to fix these things over the next few weeks, but the competitions over now but ohwell!

I think the map would be exellent, if it wern't so darn buggy.

Attachments

• Tides of Elements.w3x
    3.5 MB · Views: 322
Last edited:
Level 7
Like to wish good luck to everybody and i have one question, where will the judgments/scores be shown and when will the public be able to vote?
Deadline is today people :). Submit your unfinished maps! Ours was only about 85% finished (just missing trials) but its been sent!

Well let's see how many maps will be submitted. And if you can't finish, well...just submit what you've got. A deadline is a deadline. Your unfinished map won't compete with any map that has been completed for a couple of weeks already. I doubt any of the complex maps that will be submitted have all the features the creators had planned already.

Well, if he cant give it to me, I cant submit it, can I?

Level 6
Beer Beer Contest Submission!

I just uploaded BEER BEER to the download section, click here to download it if you'd like to ;). Please keep in mind that this is a well playable, yet unfinished version (as most other maps probably). For discussion on the map and also an important post on features that will soon be implemented, please visit our project development thread and read the information about the map there.
In case you are going to play the map - have fun! :)
I hope many other teams will be able to finish a playable version of their maps as well.

Level 12
I would like to add that Heavenbound is open to anyone who wants to add trials to it. Just give credit to me and 13lack.1)ragon :wink:

Also.. we kinda picked a bad map to work on cuz.. it gets really boring and repetative lol. At first it was rather fun but then it just got tedious to work on.

Level 5
Good luck to everyone in the contest, me and jan are very excited to see the results and play alot of the ones entered, looking forward to playing City of Drugs when we get a chance.

Also where will all the results etc be posted? If within this thread i'll just check back here, just wondering.

Level 6
I just want to say that I've updated the map at the downloads section to the newest version, but i still have version 0.25 (the one that was submit to the contest, uploaded yesterday night) so if you need it for judging, let me know (just so it's not unfair that by judging the newest version, we'd have had a day longer to work on the map ;))

Level 24
[rainbow]CONTEST CLOSED[/rainbow]
[rainbow]No entries after this date will be accepted![/rainbow]

Ok heres the entires I have found. Theres a chance that I missed an entry, so if your entry isn't in the list, then post here in the thread, with a link to your old post with the entry.

Cardiators
Armaggeden
Fortress
Heaven Bound
Deadly Night
City of Drugs
Tides of Elements
Beer Beer

And judges, you can all start judging the maps. I'll send a pm to all of you anyway though just to make sure that you are aware of these maps. And remember to use the Judging Criteria on the first page, and if you can't mark a map on a field (like a minigame on story), then just don't bother, as it doesn't really matter in the end, as all the scores get averaged.

And I will be setting up the Public Poll shortly.

Level 7
only 8 maps...pretty sad considering there were 35 entrants. only about 1/4 finished their maps. I would've loved to see more entries. i also note our map got no votes yet, what gives!! Vote HB!

When will we see the judges' scoring? (i guess its better that only 8 maps made it....less time having the judges judge maps...it must get boring after 10 right? lol)

Btw, for the judges eyes:
If you look at triggers, you'll notice that there's an infinite lives and create west/east command to make testing easyer

Status
Not open for further replies.