• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Mapping Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
you still havent changed to name of our map :p

Ok sorry, well i've changed it now :)

Heres our map for the contest, this is the full finished version, although we have plans for the future, this is what we want to submit. 100% in all categories, any lagg, glitches, etc are either caused by very rare incidents, or very very laggy (get off that 56k!) people playing the map.

So, below judges can download and review the map, other competetiors may play it but i ask you not to open it in WE until the competitions over :p

Notes:
Summary for the map will be linked later.

Thanks for the entry! I'll begin sending it to the judges, and judging it myself.

Since I got the triggers in one of my maps nearly perfect then got confused and gave up working on the damn subject,I moved on to the details.Credits are in the World Editor and beginning screen,I'm sure I missed someone...I think.:hohum:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/5234/

I did a bit of tweaking in certain parts,but its still 50/50.

Level 24
Map Update on Cardiators:

Submitted the map in the maps section ( http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/5203/ )

So you can download it there if you don't want to download it through the thread, also there is a short summary on it there.

Thanks! Xsilver07/Jandon

(now we work on our TD XD )

Since I got the triggers in one of my maps nearly perfect then got confused and gave up working on the damn subject,I moved on to the details.Credits are in the World Editor and beginning screen,I'm sure I missed someone...I think.:hohum:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/5234/

I did a bit of tweaking in certain parts,but its still 50/50.

Thanks for the entries guys! :)

Level 19
FINAL SUBMISSION:
Created by: Scyth-Master and Ham Ham

Map Information:
This map was submitted to the map section temporarily for comments and to see how the public reacted to it. The BETA got rough comments and reviews, so we fixed all of the problems they reported. After of which, they replied and rethought their comments, giving it more positive and inspiring comments and reviews. So, here is our final submission. The map name is Final Fortress.

Storyline:
You are King Red, and your rival is King Blue. You and Your Rival's kingdoms are destroyed, and the only place left to colonize was discovered by both of you--at the same time! Now, you are both on the same strip of land, and you have your armies assembled and ready for combat---but King Blue won't go down so easy! In this map, you have to use immense strategy to defeat your opponent, King Blue. This map may also be multiplayer, you just have to go in and remove the AI as well as change the Player properties settings. Thank you all so much.

Time Line:
-952 AD - King Red establishes his kingdom and begins to conquer small rebellious and barbarian countries near his small European kingdom.
-956 AD - King Blue finds out that some of his land had been pillaged by King Red - Now he has sent his army to destroy King Red's Kingdom.
-957 AD - King Red and King Blue are at a half point - neither one is winning the war and resources and land are running low.
-958 AD - King Blue's land has been demolished, pillaged, and deserted. The only thing left is his castle, and though he has a large population, the only way for him to survive is to take a small strip of land on his and King Red's border. But King Red is not so lucky, he has abandoned his kingdom and took all of his soldiers to this tiny strip--already being colonized by King Blue!
-959 AD - The colonies have grown large, and tensions between King Red and King Blue are growing strong. The only way for one to survive is for the other to be annihilated-completely.

FIXED, ALL MANNERS ARE COMPLETE

Features:
-7 Units, completely balanced
-12 Upgrades, some from normal games that you'll see play a big part too
-Unique unit and upgrade costs
-Time is the essence, units do not cost anything but time
-Progressive AI, balanced and planned upgrading and training
-Storyline
-Information and Unit Stats included in map to improve strategies
-3 special abilities: Healing Ward, Immolation, and Divine Shield
-Other than the mini-map, nothing is imported, hooray to Blizzard!
-Unique 1vs1 gameplay
-All units and upgrades have counters and equals
-Special effects system that spices up the unit death animations

Attachments

• War3 2007-09-22 20-55-26-00.jpg
    War3 2007-09-22 20-55-26-00.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 831
  • War3 2007-09-22 20-55-52-52.jpg
    War3 2007-09-22 20-55-52-52.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 886
  • War3 2007-09-22 20-57-29-92.jpg
    War3 2007-09-22 20-57-29-92.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 773
  • War3 2007-09-22 20-57-33-98.jpg
    War3 2007-09-22 20-57-33-98.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 719
  • War3 2007-09-22 20-57-40-43.jpg
    War3 2007-09-22 20-57-40-43.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 710
  • War3 2007-09-22 20-58-02-48.jpg
    War3 2007-09-22 20-58-02-48.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 285
  • War3 2007-09-22 20-58-03-46.jpg
    War3 2007-09-22 20-58-03-46.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 261
  • War3 2007-09-22 20-58-06-02.jpg
    War3 2007-09-22 20-58-06-02.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 279
  • War3 2007-09-22 20-58-22-61.jpg
    War3 2007-09-22 20-58-22-61.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 282
  • War3 2007-09-22 20-58-24-81.jpg
    War3 2007-09-22 20-58-24-81.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 233
  • FINAL FORTRESS.w3x
    70.1 KB · Views: 324
  • War3 2007-09-23 21-41-37-40.jpg
    War3 2007-09-23 21-41-37-40.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 216
  • War3 2007-09-23 21-41-51-20.jpg
    War3 2007-09-23 21-41-51-20.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 214
  • War3 2007-09-23 21-43-22-97.jpg
    War3 2007-09-23 21-43-22-97.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 250
  • War3 2007-09-23 21-44-11-75.jpg
    War3 2007-09-23 21-44-11-75.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 216
  • War3 2007-09-23 21-44-35-67.jpg
    War3 2007-09-23 21-44-35-67.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Level 10
Dear Scyth,
I have played your map right after i saw this post. Here few things that i notice.
You are probobly wondering why there is no bounty. The answer is simple:
Go to Initialization -> Bounty -> and if u look closly, u see that "Player - give bounty to player" is not part of the loop from "Pick every player"
A beter way to do such thig is like this:
  • Bounty
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Turn Gives bounty On for (Player((Integer A)))
Second of all, i have noticed that you dont know how to handle memory leaks. It is not a problem in this map, but if u are planning to continue on mapmaking, i sugest that you learn to fix those. (read HERE)

Third of all, its a fun map for few minets :D , but it would be better if you would expand it a lil, build new structures, train more units, units that actualy cost something. Make other units apear from the side, super duper ability that will kill all units on the map etc etc
It needs more strategy and more ... players, ye i dont like 1vs1 maps (maybe its just me)

Level 19
Dear Scyth,
I have played your map right after i saw this post. Here few things that i notice.
You are probobly wondering why there is no bounty. The answer is simple:
Go to Initialization -> Bounty -> and if u look closly, u see that "Player - give bounty to player" is not part of the loop from "Pick every player"
A beter way to do such thig is like this:
  • Bounty
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Turn Gives bounty On for (Player((Integer A)))
Second of all, i have noticed that you dont know how to handle memory leaks. It is not a problem in this map, but if u are planning to continue on mapmaking, i sugest that you learn to fix those. (read HERE)

Third of all, its a fun map for few minets :D , but it would be better if you would expand it a lil, build new structures, train more units, units that actualy cost something. Make other units apear from the side, super duper ability that will kill all units on the map etc etc
It needs more strategy and more ... players, ye i dont like 1vs1 maps (maybe its just me)

Yeah thanks for that. I'm going to update it right before the contest begins and fix a couple of those triggers that really bug the heck out of me. Thanks again. +rep And Ham Ham is working on the models for the update. Thanks for the help, and I know how to fix memory leaks, but with a map that lasts a maximum of about 20 minutes and has 2 players should not have to worry about memory leaks. In fact, the longest game I ever played on this map was 19 minutes, 38 seconds.

Level 7
damn! me and Might were working on another map for so long we forgot about the Mapping Contest :cry: :xxd: :con: :hohum: *works on it for the last week (no holding back hehe :thumbs_up:) of the contest w00tz0r F0R er ... I have no idea what to say ... lolz :slp:* anyways were almost done , we just gotta do a few more abilities and units and triggers and testing and then were done 4 real :grin:

Level 3
Hi, I'm afraid me and Hamster are going to withdraw from the contest. We didn't have enough time to finish the map. We are going to finish it, but we don't know when. We kinda lost interest too. We did a major mistake in the begining: we made the map too small. So just remove Return to Heaven from the list. Thanks Bob

Last edited:
Level 24
Hi, I'm afraid me and Hamster are going to withdraw from the contest. We didn't have enough time to finish the map. We are going to finish it, but we don't know when. We kinda lost interest too. We did a major mistake in the begining: we made the map too small. So just remove Return to Heaven from the list. Thanks Bob

Ok, well I hope to see the map finished sometime. And thanks for the maps, I think I might actually start judging them now :p

Level 24
Say bob, how are u planning on doing public vote? Just a poll where everyone can pick 1 map? wouldnt that be unfair to second and third place?

Dont understand your logic. Why is a public poll unfair to those that come second or third?

Yea I don't really get what you mean either, and anyway, what really counts is the scores the judges give it, the public poll just gives people a couple of extra points really.

Level 12
it looks like me and Hell Knight are withdrawing

He seems to have forgot to send me the map, and a lot of things are happening in my life at the current moment

I will problably finish the map as soon as possible, but I dont belive that i will finish it before the contest ends

Level 10
I'm beginning to think a lot of people won't be able to meet the deadline, which is a shame really.

Yes, but its normal, even if you would put the deadline in November, there would be still people who are "not finnished" or who "dont have enought time" just because they are not working on it regulary or are busy with 5 other project.
3 month is more than enough time to make a map, and people who "dont have enought time" will have all the time in the world to finnish their map, but not for the contest than

Yes, but its normal, even if you would put the deadline in November, there would be still people who are "not finnished" or who "dont have enought time" just because they are not working on it regulary or are busy with 5 other project.
3 month is more than enough time to make a map, and people who "dont have enought time" will have all the time in the world to finnish their map, but not for the contest than

That and some people have these things called "real lives".

Level 5
Look here!

U guys stop fighting your acting like 3 year olds. Its a competition have fun. Bob made this so us guys could make some really good maps and doctor pepper is right in some respect we should all have our maps in by the deadline. For me i have had some bad expererince in these last months. The other guy is also right people do have there lives but this map is about having fun and teamwork... so please stop fighting. Bob can we hold the competion open for 1 week longer please? because we will be finished deffo by then.
My reasons for this are;
Recently i lost my great Grandmother and i had to visit her in hospital and she died lately i had to go to her funnerel i also had to spend 3 days getting over the stress she was very close to me.(back to my useall self :))
Ive been on holiday twice add that up it comes to 3 weeks which i couldnt cancel.And again i lost my Dog to a passing car. I let him off his lead and he ran around and to far to the road, Some drunk guy killed him :cry:

Please keep the competiton open for 1 week for my reasons. Thank you Bob i know you will find the right answer.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Right, well it is true what he said, but the reasons I'd like another week is so we can complete our map to its full extent. I'm sure you can just wait 7 days longer, and I think maybe some other mappers will use this valueable time. We'll have the map done by the end of this week, but we'd like the extra week to test, fix, and update. So please bob consider it.... :con:

(Just incase you think we havn't been working much, it has been about on average 1/2 hour a day all through these 3 months, I mean today I worked 5 and a 1/2 hours :eekani:)

Level 10
We are not fighting Billy, i dont think anyone got offended here.
About moving the deadline, we will have to see what bob and mini think about this, but "they" always tought me at school (and they still do, more than ever): Deadline is a deadline. Moving it, for whatever reason is just unprofessional. It should of been ready long time ago.
Than again, we are not proffesionals :D Just having fun

Level 4
If the judges move the deadline for one team, then they have to do it for other teams too. Though I doubt the deadline will be moved at all, 90 days with two people seems like enough time to make a decent map.

Last edited:
Level 3
We just did some 4 players Bnet testing with BEER BEER and it really is a lot of fun. :D
Right now we're balancing the creeps/heros and set up our item system.

Good luck to everyone with finishing your maps!

/edit, please feel free to leave a comment in our development thread!

Level 19
City of Drugs - This map is interesting, but it lacks a wide selection of heroes. The naming is f***ed up in the since that you have "White Male, White Female, and Old Hag." You don't have Black Male, Black Female, Black Hag, or White Hag. Which is very strange. It should just be "Male, Female, Old Hag" IMO.

Hm...?If your doing some offhand judging,how about getting a good look on mine?And yes,the lag during the boss fights and use or overuse of a certain spell is intentional.There've been a few glitches with the triggers,you'll know when to start up the second part of the map (Destroy a tent at the southern end of the map,theres a lever to start a trigger if things aren't going right(Damn thing,I hope its still there)

Level 24
Did you start judging my map?I would have editted the glitch,but theres a Lever at the lower end of the map (I hope its still there) so just destroy the tent near the cave in the map and use the lever once the last bosses show up (REALLY big Warbeasts)

nope, none of the maps have started judging.

And as for an extension, theres still 3 days left, so I will wait and see how many maps are submitted over the next 3 days, but unless I get no maps submitted over the next few days, there won't be an extension.

Last edited:
I forgot one minor detail in my map,but my computer is being repaired (AGAIN) so I can't do anything.It might be back up tomorrow,I think your going to enjoy my map once I've fixed a few things like:
Overpopulation (Damn tourists getting in the way...)
Continued Assault Glitch (PT 1 of the map,infamous for continuing)
Halted Assault Glitch (PT 2 of the map,may be bugged)
Extended Lag (Diciplinary for overuse of the spell "Electromine")

Level 6
I have to agree on the strict deadline (not like my vote exactly matters, but just for the record and to show not everyone wants more time). This may sound harsh, but a deadline is a deadline. I'm really sorry for the death of your great-grandmother, Billy, but then just submit the map as far as it is on the deadline. For those who might think now that my partner (frooker) and i had more than enough time to finish the map and will submit a finished map on september 30th and just don't want any finished concurrence: definitely not. We will not be able to implement everything until the deadline because for my part, during the first 6 weeks of the contest i had been busy with exams, during the following weeks i had been on two festivals (Wacken and Summer Breeze) and since then i had to start writing on a paper for an advanced seminar. And that's not counting regular activities like going out etc. Frooker even moved to a new flat in a different town where he'll start studying soon, so it's not like he was sitting at home all the time doing nothing but mapping.

Conclusion: if you don't manage to finish your map to the extent you wish, just submit it as it is. You can update it any time later. Probably when we'd (we as in "everyone") get one more week, we still wouldn't really finish all that we wanted since we'd probably also come up with new things to add. So sorry for the harshly-sounding words, but please keep the deadline. As you can read above, this would mean no "advantage" for my team either. But simply because it's a deadline :p

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Very well, on sunday the 30th of September I give my final request with all my reasons why I wish this competition to be extended, and if you still believe the deadline must be kept and you say "There will be no extension" I will post my map as far as its been completed, if you say "There will be a one week extension" I will promise to post my map within the extension completed.

Level 19
Just wait until the second paired mapping contest, jesus christ. The rule is it couldn't have been started before the contest starts, so start over. If you can't finish it in three days and you don't see the point in finishing the map afterward, then it's probably not that important of a map. Just make a new one and try to make it under the 3 MONTH DEADLINE next time. Not-that-hard.

Level 7
Ok..me and dread haven't been able to implement all the trials we had hoped for but weve got a fair ammount, the game is playable and fun. I have to work on it to make the game end when you finsih the "currently" last trial. Im sad that we weren't able to finish this map but we did the best we could do with the time available to us.
Where do you want me to send the map anyways? upload in this site or?

Level 3
OUr map is gonna be well rubish. It's our first paired map and Joelimphi's first eva map. Ive made a few beofre but have never uploaded any. Any way we have no even nearly finish..... Terrain..90-100% Objects....75+% Spells.....25%... Quests/Gameplay...... 10-30% im not sure....... lol GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.