• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Airfield (and aircraft!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Awesome harvester! It looks just like the original one!

With regards to a tiberium trigger, I am looking for one that causes damage to infantry that come within a short distance of a tiberium crystal. Here is the last one that I developed that worked:
  • Tiberium Poisoning
    • Events
      • Time - Every 3.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Playable map area) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked destructible) is dead) Equal to False
              • ((Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Tiberium (Large)) or ((Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Tiberium (Small))
            • Then - Actions
              • Set L = (Position of (Picked destructible))
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 100.00 of L matching (((((Matching unit) is A ground unit) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False)) and ((((Matching unit) is Undead) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) is Mechanical) Equal to False)))) and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) - 2.00)
                  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_L)
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing
However, there is a major problem with this: it causes the game to lag badly. Since destructibles cannot carry abilities (i.e. immolation as poisoning), I seem to be limited in my options...

Level 9
i dont think converting CC to WC will work out too good...because of the unit selection limit of 12...
but i would like to see when its done...

Level 12
You guys would be suprised at the enjoyablility and accuracy of this. It is very good for a conversion between two games. And mechanicalman, are you talking about Illidan(evil)'s? If so, then wtf are you talking about? THey are all very good for what they are trying to be, but whatever, you are entitled to your own opinion....

Level 7
lol doubleposter xD

Wow IllidianEvilX I follow every contemp/futuristic model and i havent seen these models in wc3search. These models rock, i may use them in the future when i finish my map with my own models, i guess you can do them not only 1:1 perfect but also fast. Pls say how much does it take for you to make 1 building? Cuz im going to make buildings too so Im just interested in the average time.

2nd question: do you use the skins from the game itself or from screenshots?

'War3 is not for futuristic' models bla bla,... nonsense

I have seen C&C not played it but these buildings are alos so nice! The thing is im going with EE nano buildings and would stick to them, but this can make a great campaign of C&C vs EE hahah ever thought of game vs game battles? My admirations for the good tech buildings you make, Illidain. Seeing you do C&C everything and so perfect, I wish there was someone to make EE and do buildings from there that perfect

Last edited:
Level 6
I'm saying that the original game sucks, not illidanevil's conversion.

But it is true, that wc engine is limited and it is very hard to imitate the c&c engine

It is relatively tough to imitate the CnC engine with WC3, but both Illidan's map and my map have good systems, if I do say so myself. In Illidan's RA conversion, you simply press Esc to access the structure build menu (which reminds me of the console version of the game), then you get a nice build aura so you can see exactly where you can place the building (speaking of which, I'm insanely jealous of that!). Also, he has some amazing trigger functions in there. In the CnC map, you build structures from the Conyard in the form of pre-packadged workers that are immobile. When you tell them to build the specific structure, it will be instantly placed on the terrain (if it is close enough to another one of your buildings). With regards to units, I used the exact unit values that Westwood implemented for all unit stats, superweapons included. I had to make very few balance changes after that, but the biggest exception was slowing down the artillery's projectile significantly (so it didn't instantly hit and kill infantry and had a chance to miss moving targets). Illidan has done a fine job of balancing his map's units. Idk if they use the same values as in RA, but it all works :wink:
Anyways, my point is that just because Wc3 has a different engine doesn't mean that it is impossible to make a good map based off of another RTS. With minimal balance changes and some triggers, you can actually make maps that are quite fun to play!

Finished the harvester model.
Texture path is "Textures\C&C_ConYard.blp"

Pls say how much does it take for you to make 1 building?
This varies from model to model. Could take all from a few hours to a few days..

do you use the skins from the game itself or from screenshots?
I used alot of CnP before, now I'm making 'em from scratch.

Btw, I just started making this Hand of NOD model.

Attachments

• Harvester.mdx
    24.7 KB · Views: 101
  • C&C_ConYard.blp
    51.9 KB · Views: 95
  • HandOfNOD.jpg
    HandOfNOD.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 112
Level 9
well...it does look pretty...
i wonder how will it come out...

anyhow...anyone knows what NoD stands for? cuz i really don't..

Level 6
It's the Brotherhood of Nod (NOD for short), which is a supposedly ancient organization that is (in the first game) an evil group that participates in terrorism and fights the UN-funded GDI. Nod might have something to do with the land of Nod (wandering) that's in the Old Testament, since its leader is Kane (possibly referencing Cain, the first murderer in the Old Testament who was banished to wander in the land of Nod)

Level 12
Umm I know you have a Tiberium modle already but I just saw this and maybe you should use it instead : http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=93278 . I know Raodaozao made a modle already but these look really cool and a lot like Tiberium does now.In the third one, but that really doesnt matter since your making it off the first one, but whatever, I htought you may want to see it. Your call. =) BTW: hows the Hand coming Illidan?

Last edited:
Level 9
yo illidan, do you know me? you may have seen MY red alert maps. yours are very nice, but i was wondering if you could me a few things like, triggers with gathering ore, building within the vicinty of base, ect. some stuff like wat zt2211 uses and what you use.

if you want, heres my map for you to see: http://epicwar.com/maps/17788

and btw, im using some of your models, is that ok? im givin full credit to any models i use to you. i love your work. KEEP IT UP! :)

Level 12
Wow.... nice. That looks 100% like the old thing, good job. Omg wait... is that an earth the hand is holding? I never realized that. Illidan... maybe should you re-texture some of your old stuff? I realize that your busy and that I personally have no current use of them, but they look a lot less detailed up and compared to the new buildings. I am talking about the buildings like teh Airfield, just so you know. And the Refinery, maybe it should be a bit darker. OPh and one more thing: did you release your COnyard?

yo illidan, do you know me?
nope
you may have seen MY red alert maps
yes
triggers with gathering ore
I don't have any triggers for gathering ore
building within the vicinty of base
just check if there are any buildings within range, if not, destroy the building
im using some of your models, is that ok?
yes
Illidan... maybe should you re-texture some of your old stuff?
nope
OPh and one more thing: did you release your COnyard?
I'm releasing it now:

Texture Path: Textures\C&C_ConYard.blp

Construction Yard Texture

Attachments

• ConstructionYard.mdx
    27.8 KB · Views: 71
Level 13
illidan.. he means any model you made for a custom map i think.
Personally i would rather have the sexy soviet tank skin you made for the red alert campaing your making... that looks so awesome. Other than that i would enjoy those riflemen for the same map alot as well. Either would please me greatly.

Level 13
I wish could dream about being as good as him. But that is not the point of the thread people. And i think the best thing to ask for now would be more Tiberium dawn models. and whats tiberium dawn without its nod soldiers ! Thats what i would like : a nice nod soldier wearing modern combat armour and with gray and black camoflauge. That or the stylish nod buggy :D

Level 6
Finished the harvester model.
Texture path is "Textures\C&C_ConYard.blp"
Btw, I just started making this Hand of NOD model.

zt2211, I just got the hand of nod ready..
Only in-game textures used :infl_thumbs_up:

I'm releasing it now:

Texture Path: Textures\C&C_ConYard.blp

WOW I should have checked in earlier! Seeing three awesome models at once is almost too much! THANKS a million, Illidan!!! :infl_thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 13
Hell i would accept any of those but i REALLY REALLY want one of the things i mentioned. I just wish illidan would verify if he will make any more.

Level 6
I wish could dream about being as good as him. But that is not the point of the thread people. And i think the best thing to ask for now would be more Tiberium dawn models. and whats tiberium dawn without its nod soldiers ! Thats what i would like : a nice nod soldier wearing modern combat armour and with gray and black camoflauge. That or the stylish nod buggy :D

I agree. WE WANT BUGGIES! WE WANT BUGGIES!

yea illidan, i want all of your red alert models
I will release all my red alert model when I've released my own multiplayer map.

WE WANT BUGGIES! WE WANT BUGGIES!
orly?

Nod Buggy, Renegade style!

Texture Path: Textures\NodBuggy.blp

Happy now?

EDIT: Updated with collision sphere

Attachments

• NodBuggy.blp
    17.7 KB · Views: 91
  • NodBuggy.jpg
    NodBuggy.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 93
  • NodBuggy.mdx
    23.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Level 9
LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! anyway, Illidan, um, I was wondering if you could teach me exactly how to build near your base like you do. and how you use ore silos and stuff. ill give credit. just asking if you don't mind, can you help me. of course, my map wont be as good as yours, but it will still be good. Man, i still wish i was as good as you...

Status
Not open for further replies.