• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Modeling Competition #1 - Attachment Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
one of the weapons from my pack close up and with all its juices flowing.

Attachments

• sword_2.jpg
    sword_2.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 210
Level 3
Ok, i have a nub question and seeing so much of it here, im gona ask... People have their attachments and there are always glowing particles and like frost effects like on Sansui's Sword, the glow it has.... im using 3ds Max 9, is there a link for a tutorial that will show me how to do this or can any of you send me a messege on how i would go about adding the same effects to my models.
Thanks

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Okay guys, 15 days and counting. Let's get into high gear!

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

spinnnmc9.gif

Compass.
In-game textures.

untitledep9.gif

Pirate Map
In-game textures.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

spinnngv1.gif

Compass.
Better In-game textures.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Camtasia Studio, and Animation Shop.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

That's not rendered, that's in the viewer, meaning that's how it will look in game.

EDIT: Just realized you most likely meant the other people with the render comment, my mistake.

I only have about 2 more ideas for what to make, and time will probably only allow for them anyway. I'll try to keep myself in the competition.

Level 19
rober artua and werewulf, I give you both +rep because you both made great attachments that can be useful for many projects. As for me, I made a snowman hat, but I have no idea how to skin or animate it ( : I also don't know how to post G-Max screen shots. Or model G-Max for that matter, would like help if you are kind enough.

Level 4
I know i havent been posting here, idc. I suggest werewulf (or illidan) should open an attachment thread where people can ask for specially made attachments.

Looking at your incredible list of attachments there gave me this idea, which is also good becuase attachments look easy to make, so we know you can keep up with demands...

Also i gave you and illidan +rep. Awesome models there, can wait to see the finished product in my map! lol.

PLEASE MAKE SURE, if you have the models as an item or a unit, they are selectable!!! Im not sure what thats called, but i like having the acutal models as my item art, and is so annoying when you cant pick up the items...

Level 36
Do not suggest anything. You assume too much. Werewulf was mentally drained after creating that attatchment pack, so to be doing more and more and more constantly is not really a good idea;.... also don't assume they are easy to make just because they made a lot of them... they worked really reaaaally hard on then to make that many.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Deadline is fast approaching ladies and gents.

Don't forget it: Thursday the 15th at 24:00 GMT +1.

Level 4
Do not suggest anything. You assume too much. Werewulf was mentally drained after creating that attatchment pack, so to be doing more and more and more constantly is not really a good idea;.... also don't assume they are easy to make just because they made a lot of them... they worked really reaaaally hard on then to make that many.

Makes me appreciate this even more...

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Two days remaining people. What happened here?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Rules and Guidelines:
  • You have to make sure the attachments are fully and correctly functional in-game.
  • No extracting attachments from in-game models.
  • The models must be textured, either in-game textures, or custom textures.
  • You must post at least 1 WIP preview before the deadline.
  • To qualify for entry, you must post your models/skins in .mdx and .blp format, and an in-game screenshot of every model.
  • You must post your entry before the deadline expires.
  • You must make the models/textures for this competition. Which means that you cannot use old works.
  • Keep the polycount quite low, as these are supposed to be useful attachments as a pack.

I have yet to see any proper submissions.

Okay, here we go..

Illidan(evil)x's Crazy Attachment Pack

Zip includes:
- 21 custom models
- 1 custom texture (path: Textures\BoneClub.blp)
- ReadMe

Attachments

• CaptureTheFlag.jpg
    CaptureTheFlag.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 437
  • BoneClub.jpg
    BoneClub.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 424
  • BlackWings.jpg
    BlackWings.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 445
  • BaseballBat.jpg
    BaseballBat.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 488
  • ALightIdea.jpg
    ALightIdea.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 463
  • DemonicBlade.jpg
    DemonicBlade.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 340
  • DarkBlade.jpg
    DarkBlade.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 326
  • Crowbar.jpg
    Crowbar.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 284
  • Cigar.jpg
    Cigar.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 330
  • Chainsaw.jpg
    Chainsaw.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 352
  • GiantAxe.jpg
    GiantAxe.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 330
  • GiantSword.jpg
    GiantSword.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 320
  • GolfClub.jpg
    GolfClub.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 279
  • Guitar.jpg
    Guitar.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 304
  • Horns.jpg
    Horns.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 277
  • SantasHat.jpg
    SantasHat.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 300
  • PaperHat.jpg
    PaperHat.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 298
  • Oar.jpg
    Oar.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 278
  • MagicWand.jpg
    MagicWand.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 319
  • HotDog.jpg
    HotDog.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 331
  • SillyHat.jpg
    SillyHat.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 324
  • Illidan(evil)x's Crazy Attachment Pack.zip
    60.9 KB · Views: 263

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

My ask why the contest ends in the middle of the week..
Because that's how it has been since the start of the competition? It seems I'll have to push the deadline anyway because of so few entries, so I guess I'll move the deadline to Sunday night at 12:00 AM GMT +1

So I want to see more than one entry people, I don't want to give away awards by default.

Outstanding submission though Illidan, very creative, and I love the light bulb idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.