• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Crash] Help me to sort out this error message?

Level 13
Anyway so in my 480x480 map with maximum players, I discovered something awful a long way into development.

Now that I actually test it with 24 players, it often crashes at map initialization or shortly after.

Often, but not always, which is extra weird.

I gradually removed all custom triggers, but the crash still eventually comes if I restart the mission enough times.

The crash is more likely the more players I activate.

Through trial and error, I found I could cut down the crashes by letting the editor pick the starting locations rather than placing them myself.
So is there a starting location made so badly the AI goes crazy when it spawns there?
Anyway, after 12 "restart mission" (I already thought the issue was solved), it crashed again anyway.

This was the message I got:

Warcraft 4b error.jpg

For starters - what does "Object: .M" mean?
Note that in previous crashes, it didn't even just show that one, only "unerwarteter Fehler" (you see it in the background here), but at least this time I got a hint.

The non-english part of the red message reads:
"To process this order, there are not enough memory resources available."

UPDATE:

Going through the error files, I found each error had usually one of those in it:

Object: .G

Object: .?AVC2Vector@NTempest@@

Object: .M

Object: DoodadPathing (.?AUDoodadPathing@@)

The "DoodadPathing" one looks most promising, it suggests I might fix this by identifying a corrupted doodad?
Hopefully I won't have to delete all of them.

Last edited:
Level 13
Update: Here are two more crashes, from my testing:

Warcraft 4b error1.jpg

Warcraft 4b error2.jpg

Triggers are definitely out, as an explanation. I removed ALL custom triggers.

Generally speaking, is there anything we can conclude from an error that occurs at a rate of about 10%?
Because MOST of the time, it does not occur.

It never occured when I used only two players, so I guess the chance is increased the more AI players I use.
You get the 10% crash rate with 23 players.

Surely that tells us something?

Attachments

• Warcraft 4b error2.jpg
    Warcraft 4b error2.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 1
Level 13
Anyway, here is the map, if you want to see if you can replicate the crashes.
It's possible this is something with my Warcraft installation or my computer, which would actually be okay because the crashes are rare enough to be annoying but not unbearable.

What I wouldn't want is to put tons of work into a project which I then cannot share with others because it's corrupted. If it works fine for everyone else, that's all I need.

Nevermind, I created a new map from scratch containing literally nothing but goldmines, trees and 24 start locations. Nothing custom whatsoever.

Still same crash. My conclusion is that the crash is not caused by the map, but rather my Warcraft version or my pc, all my custom stuff is just increasing the likelyhood and makes the crash come faster. Huh.

Last edited: