• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Wc3 Map Editor - Unsupported 16-bit Application

Level 1
Hello,

I started editing maps in Wc3 Map Editor two days ago and today I imported some skins/models. When I closed out of the application it asked me if I wanted to save "something" as 'untitled'. I clicked No. When I tried to reload the map minutes later I got an error message saying "Unsupported 16-bit Application" going on about not being compatible with 64 bit versions of windows. I assume one of the files I imported is corrupt? The model shows as blacked out in map editor. How do I fix this issue? I can sometimes load the map but not most of the time. Maybe if I can get in I can delete all the files I imported recently or I read someone suggesting to load the latest version of the map(I don't know how)? Just spitballing as I'm not the most computer savvy person.

I appreciate any help that is given. It's been fun editing maps. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
What version of Warcraft III World Editor are you using?

Unsupported 16-bit Application sounds rather strange. Nothing in the current release version of Warcraft III should be able to generate such an error. Maybe something with an original release version of demo of Warcraft III might have been 16 bits due to the time, but any recent version should be either x86 or x86-64 so run on modern computers.

You can remove bugged imports from map files using a MPQ editor. Back up the map before doing so as there is a chance for a MPQ editor to corrupt a map while modifying it. The Warcraft III map files are just fancy MPQ archives with some header and footer fluff.

Level 1
Thanks for the help. I am not sure lol, as I use the link on the blizzard client and don't see it in my files anywhere. I will look into the MPQ editor. I see there is one here Ladik's MPQ Editor

Last edited: