• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Tornado Slow aura dispel?

Level 11
Hello,

I'm using Tornado Slow Aura to make debuffs for my custom spells I make via triggers.

The issue I'm running into is that I want to be able to dispel the debuffs sometimes but since it's an aura I can't - of course I can do that via triggers but I'm wondering if there is an easier - more simple way of doing this?

Thank you for your time I'm looking forward to your replies.

Cheers,
Krakena

Level 39
No, you must trigger it. Since you add the abilities with a trigger there's no way to remove them without also using a trigger. Unless you mean you want to dispel the buff from units standing within a tornado slow aura that aren't the unit that has the slow aura ability directly. In that case you basically can't because that's not how auras work so you'll need to apply those buffs in a different way first so they can be removed.

Level 11
No, you must trigger it. Since you add the abilities with a trigger there's no way to remove them without also using a trigger. Unless you mean you want to dispel the buff from units standing within a tornado slow aura that aren't the unit that has the slow aura ability directly. In that case you basically can't because that's not how auras work so you'll need to apply those buffs in a different way first so they can be removed.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah I have an if condition checking if the units have the debuff, if they don't then the ability loop stops. Therefore I only need to remove the debuff from the Tornado Slow aura. However, as you said aura buffs can't be removed... is there a unique ability with a unique buff that I can use?

Something similar to Berserk - but something that I can use multiple times on a unit?
For example add Berserk to a unit to make it cast for the buff but also add another Berserk based ability for another buff?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 65
Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah I have an if condition checking if the units have the debuff, if they don't then the ability loop stops. Therefore I only need to remove the debuff from the Tornado Slow aura. However, as you said aura buffs can't be removed... is there a unique ability with a unique buff that I can use?

Something similar to Berserk - but something that I can use multiple times on a unit?
For example add Berserk to a unit to make it cast for the buff but also add another Berserk based ability for another buff?
What version are you on? This shouldn't be a thing anymore as of like 1.29? Maybe 1.30?

Just have a Dummy unit cast any ability that applies a buff on your target.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 65
Hi, I'm on the latest version. What has been changed/updated?
Can I use two different abilities based off of "slow" with two different buffs that don't stack?
Yes, that's correct. You should only use Slow Aura if you want an "undispellable buff", although I imagine there's a better ability for it.

Starting in patch 1.30, Buffs of the same type will stack by default assuming that they have different rawcodes.

Last edited:
Level 11
Yes, that's correct. You should only use Slow Aura if you want an "undispellable buff", although I imagine there's a better ability for it.

Starting in patch 1.30, Buffs of the same type will stack by default assuming that they have different rawcodes.
Oh my god I have to test this as soon as possible. I'm away from my PC rn so I'll test it after a week. Amazing thank you for the information!