• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[LUA] Curse Spell field name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi,

What is the field name for the curse spell that determines the miss rate?

Unfortunately the world editor does not display it properly--I get what looks like garbage.

1zedr4h.png

You can see it says the data field name is called "Crs:"

It's strange notation because Blizzard always names the fields with the first few letters followed by number, e.g.

"Blo1" is the first field of Bloodlust that determines attack speed

"Hea1" determines how much is healed for the spell Heal.

In the LUA script, I first tried "Crs1" but it rejects this. I then tried "Crs:", which it also rejects.

So what is the field name I must use to reference this value?

I so far tried:

"Crs" + [1-4] but none work.

Level 15
EDIT:

Alright I found it out. It expects it to be called "Crs", three letters. This is really, really strange, because all fields always have four letters.

Level 15
It's nothing to do with the window being too small or the field name being cut off.

It's that it's written there incorrectly--possibly because Curse is unique among autocasts that it only has a single field (most have 2-4, which include unused ones like Life Regen bonus on Inner Fire).

So whatever algorithm is used to name the field by jass newgen probably got tripped up on this case.

The names are always displayed like this:

[english name of field]('XXXX'):

where ('XXXX') is always a 4 letter name for the field. For some reason it's displayed wrong for Curse and comes out as

('CRS:

where it should be

('CRS'):

Status
Not open for further replies.