• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] How to remove Game - Text Messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
You can't. I know, simply because a lot of people are talking about the problem that you can't destroy those string leaks. Floating Texts however can be destroyed (There's even a GUI command for it). They don't leak much so as long as you don't spam them (which isn't necessary if you play it right).

My first guess would be that you need it for picking a hero with arrow keys and showing their abilities and stats. In that case I wouldn't worry about those leaks unless your doing something really weird with those messages or you apply them for something else that does require a lot of use of it.

Level 7
That's not what he was asking, Avator. To the OP, just use Clear Game Messages or something like that.

Level 16
Didn't knew. Checked it and this is what i have found out when converting it to JASS:

JASS:
call ClearTextMessagesBJ( GetPlayersAll() )

BJ function looks like this:

JASS:
function ClearTextMessagesBJ takes force toForce returns nothing
    if (IsPlayerInForce(GetLocalPlayer(), toForce)) then
        // Use only local code (no net traffic) within this block to avoid desyncs.
        call ClearTextMessages()
    endif
endfunction

So, using call ClearTextMessages() is much much better. :)

Level 16
Does this make the chat function not available anymore (like for ever in that game), like no chat messages are seen, and you can make your own 'chat' with custom names and so on?
Or is it just cleared for that time?

Level 7
I think this was the action: Cinematic - Remove all text messages or Game - Display to (All players) the text: <Empty String> as the others told you...

Level 7
Well use Cinematic - Clear all text messages and your problem is solved. Any problem? That action removes all text messages no mather if they are in different levels

Level 7
Oh, the chat messages u mean. It doesn't remove the chat messages. I rly don't know how to remove chat messages. Myb u can make a cinematic and dissable it after some time. I've tryed many times to do but no 1 knows how to remove them. Sry for not realizing your problem

Level 7
I want it, if u can give me. How do you dissable chat messages? JASS? I rly don't understand JASS but if your system is good give me it. I want to make an anti-spam system in my map

Status
Not open for further replies.