• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

What would be your strategy on a WC3 map based on planet Earth

Level 13
It's maybe a bit "out there", but that's why I thought I'd float it to the general discussion:

Suppose one were to design a warcraft 3 map of maximum size, based on real Earth geography and being as faithful as the format allows.
That means: aproximating proportions of territory, and converting all irl strategic deposits of resources into warcraft resources of gold and lumber (note: forests would not necessarily translate to lumber, as the strategic importance of forest resources irl is more limited).

It's still infinitely more crude than even a Civ game would be, which is itself already a gross aproximation.
Because of the difficulty of abstraction, think simply how you, personally, would design it, in good faith.

That being said, how would you play on such a map?

Especially, to kick things off, if you could freely pick your start location, where would you put it?

I would put my start location in America and then I would lead my armies against the United States Government to capture the ingame item called "Non-Human Origin Spaceships" that the recent United States congressional hearings said were hidden in Ohio by Lockheed Martin. Then using the "Non-Human Origin Spaceships" that don't follow the laws of physics, I would open a portal, allowing demons to step through and do Archimonde's bidding. Then I would go through the portal into Starcraft 2, where I would train a ton of space marines, bring them back through the portal to the Warcraft 3 map, then conquer the entire map using the space marines.

Level 11
I figured basic warcraft. Maybe only humans though, to get a "everything else being equal" effect so position and resources matter more.
Alright then...

I would start in South Africa.

My first plan would be to fix the economy by securing all Gold Mines in the Country. At the same time, I would send out envoys for diplomatic reasons. I would mainly be attempting to unite the entire Continent and get everyone to the same level as parts of the rest of the world in various aspects. Whatever allies I find would be instrumental to this. I also would have fixed loadshedding (represented by all "magic-powered" buildings becoming inactive for a random amount of time every day).

Once I have united Africa, I will send more diplomats around the World. I will attempt to make peace with every Country that I can because War is bad. Of course, not everyone will listen, and those that do will have ulterior motives...

What happens next will depend on how well all my plans go, but my ultimate goal will be World Peace.