• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Better Camera mode for WC3 Reforged

Level 1
Hi,

I just got WC3 Reforged. I was surprised how much you could zoom in and the models look very good. However, it seems the camera angle/perspective does not change when zoomed in so it just looks at the ground for example and no way to vertically pan, for the lack of a better term. Is there a mod that enables camera movement similar to Dawn of War to see horizon when zoomed on closer to better focus on characters etc?

Thank you,
G

You can press INS or DEL to spin the camera.

In a custom map, you can point the camera in any possible direction. To do that, open World Editor and use the World Editor camera controls which are more free, then go into "Window > New Palette > Camera Palette" and use "Create Camera from Current View" or whatever it's called. This creates a camera object in the map pointed at whatever you pointed the camera at. Then, even though World Editor preview of Reforged models is not as good as the ingame render, you can go into Trigger Editor and use "Actions > Apply (My Camera 001) to (Player 1 (red))", then click on "Test Map" and it should launch the Reforged game session with the map you chose, with the camera pointed in the way you configured.

So, there is also a system in Reforged for firing trigger actions off of keyboard commands or mouse movements, and so logically you could make a more custom camera system if you chose to spend the time on that, but what I'm describing above is a quick way for you to look at a Reforged scene ingame from a chosen angle if you wanted to prove to yourself that you can.